Список форумов Наши форумы Дневники обучения МТСНГ ‹Crystal Palace winger Andros Townsend has been called up to

Crystal Palace winger Andros Townsend has been called up to

Дневники обучения участников проекта FreeTeam

Модератор: NoobSupport

FreeTeam Points: 2,952 FTP

Toronto - Toronto FC and the Columbus Crew will square off at BMO Field on Saturday in the second Trillium Cup match of the season. TFC was victorious in the first meeting between the two sides with a 2-0 win at Columbus, but the result sparked a run of three straight defeats for the Canadian club. You can catch all the action on TSN and TSN Radio 1050 beginning at 5pm et/2pm pt. The Reds appear to back in form though, managing four points from their last two league matches. They most recently came back twice to get a point form a 2-2 draw at Sporting Kansas City. It was a tremendous point for Toronto given that the team was without several key players due to international duty. The Reds were also reduced to 10 men in the match as Steven Caldwell was issued a straight red card in the 63rd minute. "We had three of our starting midfield out, so we had a lot of absences," TFC head coach Ryan Nelsen said after the match. "We had three starting players out in three different positions and (SKC) had two out. So everybodys made (a deal) about their injuries and weve got a few out as well. Since the start of the season weve only had to pick a starting 11, the actual starting 11, once." Toronto will look to get Gilberto going this season. He has logged 10 consecutive starts but is still searching for his first goal with the club. "Weve got to pick (Gilberto) up," Nelsen said. "Weve all been through it as players and weve all been through it in jobs. And when you move to a new country like that its very difficult, and we forget hes only 24. "We know how good of a player he is and its our job to pick him up and obviously get his confidence up and get him going and it will. Maybe we could get a penalty one of these days and he can get on the scoreboard." Like Toronto, Columbus has taken four points from its last two games. After an enthralling 3-3 draw with the Portland Timbers, the Crew ran out to a 2-0 home victory over the Chicago Fire to put an end to an eight-match winless run. "I think weve been frustrated that weve been playing well and not getting the results. Were still trying to focus on the product were creating and how were playing," said Crew head coach Gregg Berhalter. "Its nice when you get results. From that standpoint were happy. I think it was a good effort. Obviously were missing some guys but we did a great job." Federico Higuain played a starring role the Crews defeat of the Fire, but the striker will miss Saturdays clash at Toronto due to yellow card accumulation. "You dont replace Federico, simple as that. We get someone on the field that can play their game and were not going to ask someone to come in and play like Federico that would be foolish of us," said Berhalter. "Were going to ask someone to come in and play to the best of their ability. Im confident that we are going to be able to get that out of someone." Tremaine Edmunds Jersey . Cain departed in the fourth inning of a 10-5 loss to the Pirates on Thursday. X-rays on Cains bruised forearm were negative. He was hit when Sanchez led off the fourth with a groundout. Matt Milano Jersey .com) - The Chicago White Sox have officially announced that the club has agreed to terms with utilityman Emilio Bonifacio on a one-year, $4 million contract that includes a team option for the 2016 season. http://www.shoptheofficialbills.com/Eli ... ls-Jersey/. It will be their 15th head-to-head meeting and fourth in the post-season (Sunday at 2pm et/11am pt on CTV) and for his part, Brady isnt downplaying just how big the game is for him. "Im excited - Its everything you could ask for as an athlete," the New England Patriots quarterback told WEEI Radio in Boston on Monday. Dawson Knox Womens Jersey . Next up, the Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Cleveland Browns in the AFC North. Baltimore Ravens In 2014, the 8-8 season that the Baltimore Ravens experienced was to be expected. Matt Milano Youth Jersey . -- Scottie Wilbekin sat on the bench for the final minute, holding a bag of ice against his left knee. SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Top-seeded Tommy Haas retired with a shoulder injury while losing 6-3, 3-2 to Paolo Lorenzi of Italy in the Brazil Open semifinals on Saturday. Haas said he "felt a lot of pain" in his right shoulder when he slammed his racket to the ground in frustration after losing his serve at 3-3 in the first set. He kept playing despite needing medical treatment several times, and finally gave up after going down another break in the second set. The 12th-ranked German said the pain was "getting worse during the match" and it didnt allow him to "compete the way" he wanted. "After I threw my racket when I got broken at three-all I felt a lot of pain in my shoulder and it never really got away," the 35-year-old Haas said. "The pain was getting worse. And the smart players decision has to be not to continue, unfortunately." Haas said he has been frustrated with shoulder problems and admitted it could play a factor on when to stop playing. "Ive had three shoulder injuries and one elbow injury, so my shoulder is not the youngest, not the way it needs to be," Haas said.dddddddddddd"Im very happy that I can still play at a high level, but sometimes the shoulder is very, very tired, very, very stiff, and it tells me not to continue. But Ill try to play as long as I can, hopefully for the rest of the season, then we will see." The 32-year-old Lorenzi, ranked 114th, will play in his first ATP final against 61st-ranked Federico Delbonis of Argentina, who got past home-crowd favourite Thomaz Bellucci of Brazil 6-4, 6-7 (5), 6-4 in 2 hours, 9 minutes. Lorenzi had previously never advanced past the quarterfinals. "When I started this tournament I never thought that I would be playing in the final," Lorenzi said. "Now tomorrow lets see what happens. Right now Im just happy to be in this final." Rafael Nadal elected not to defend the title this week. He chose to play in the first Rio Open, which he won last week. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

TORONTO – He deftly bounced the Tyler Bozak feed off his left skate and onto the blade of his stick before beating a flabbergasted Craig Anderson with the eventual game-winner, and third goal of yet another scorching night. It was the summation of the fifth career hat trick and fifth career 30-goal season for Phil Kessel – he also added an assist – whose scorching play continues to lead a burning Leafs run, one that reached nine wins in 11 games at the ACC on Saturday night. “Its fun to watch,” Nazem Kadri said of Kessels play after a 6-3 win over Ottawa, the 23-year-old catching fire himself in recent weeks. “Hes making plays out there left, right and centre so well just keep letting him do what he does.” Kessel has mesmerized with his electric production amid the Leafs charge – which has them three points back of Tampa for second in the Atlantic division – totaling 10 goals and 23 points in the past 12 games. He has vaulted into fourth in league scoring with 61 points, now trailing only Alex Ovechkin with 30 goals – the fourth time hes reached that mark in five seasons with the Leafs, the lockout-shortened 48-game season the lone exception. The 26-year-old, set to join Team USA for the second time at the upcoming Olympics in Sochi, appears well on his way to eclipsing a career-high of 37 markers and could very well challenge the 40-goal plateau for the first time. “Its hard to really put a limit on him,” said Bozak, who had a goal and an assist and now has 29 points in 33 games this season. “He can get so streaky. Three goals tonight, who knows next game. You never know with him. I definitely wouldnt doubt him getting 40 goals by any means.” Kessel is on pace for 43 goals and 88 points, both of which would prove career-highs. Toronto is 16-3-3 when he scores this season and 26-6-4 when he records a point. Five Points 1. Kessel vs. Ottawa With their third win in three tries against the Senators this season, the Leafs have now beaten their Ontario rival nine times in the past 10 meetings. Much of that success is owed to their leading scorer, who toys with Ottawa like no other. Kessel has 18 goals and 35 points versus the Senators in 25 games as a Leaf and more career goals (25) and points (46) against them than any other team. 2. Kessels All-Around Game Though his performance is aptly judged on the level of offence he produces, Kessels all-around efforts and competitiveness have notably risen during the Leafs sizzling run, which sees them with 66 points on the year. Pointing first to the deadly shot and skating ability of his teammate, Joffrey Lupul observed that “you know when [Kessels] really playing well because of how hes competing on pucks down-low in the offensive end – turning his back, protecting the puck – and hes been doing that for a while now. It makes him really effective down there.” Added Randy Carlyle: “Hes been classified as this one type of player and we think that hes got more of an all-around ability too because he can distribute the puck, he can pass the puck, he can find people, he can do a lot more things than just shoot.” Kessel has 13 assists during the 12-game run. 3. Secondary Hot Streak Kadris hot streak also kept marching on against the Senators. The 23-year-old set up Lupul for the Leafs second goal – which erased a 2-0 deficit – infuriating the Ottawa bench as he did so. Aggressive on the forecheck, Kadri connected with rookie defender Cody Ceci from behind before digging out the puck and feeding his teammate, who was all alone parked in front. The visitors believed a penalty should have been called on the hit from behind and the goal waved off. “I think he turned just to try and give himself a little more room,” Kadri said of Ceci. “At that point Im just fully committed to hit and I just finished my check. To be honest, I did let up a little bit and the puck was laying there and I just put it in front.” Kadri, who played over 23 minutes (nearing a season-high), also added an empty-netter and has 14 points in the past nine games. He is up to 40 points in 53 games this season. 4. Back on Track In a stretch of 20 games between November and December, Joffrey Lupul failed to find the score-sheet 16 times, producing points (10) in just four games. Bouncing between left and right wing, Lupul played with a rotating cast of centres that included everyone from Jay McClement to James van Riemsdyk to Peter Holland and Trevor Smith. “You would like to stay on one line the entire year because that means, for me youre staying healthy first of all, and having success with your linemates,” the 30-year-old told the Leaf Report late last month. “But weve had so many guys in and out of the lineup – myself included, Clarkson, Kulemin, Bozak, everyones been out – theres been nothing really set in stone other than Phil and JVR together, thats been pretty much the only thing.” Entrenched with the same linemates – Nik Kulemin and Nazem Kadri – for the past eight games, while back at his preferred left wing, Lupul is finding a more consistent offensive touch. He scored his 17th goal against the Senators and now has eight points in the past eight games, totaling 33 points in 48 games this season. “Hes a different player on the left side,” said Carlyle. 5. Riellys Improvement Questioned on where he had improved most from the start of his first full NHL training camp, 19-year-old Morgan Rielly pointed to the defensive end. “Id like to think there are a few things Ive improved on,” he told the Leaf Report. “I would say playing defence in my own end. I think thats an area of the game that as a team weve been trying to improve. I think as we kept practicing that and keep talking about it I think that Ive been able to improve at that. But I think I can keep working at it.” More specifically, Rielly said hes improved in his ability to close out on opposing forwards, sealing them against the glass and thus more quickly erasing offensive opportunities. “Just trying to end plays,” he said. “I think that in the past I was just trying to keep them outside. I was a bit too cautious. I think Ill get stronger at just closing in on them and just trying to end the play.” Now paired with Tim Gleason, Riellys defensive assignments are getting tougher and included Ottawa captain Jason Spezza on Saturday evening. Stats-Pack 23 – Points for Phil Kessel in the past 12 games, totaling 10 goals in that span. 14 – Points in the past nine games for Nazem Kadri. 8 – Times in the past nine games that Kadri has registered at least a point. 6 – Consecutive wins for the Leafs at home, the first time theyve accomplished that feat since Mar.6 – Apr. 7, 2007 (9-game streak). 26 – Power-play goals for the Leafs at home this season, most in the NHL. 16-3-3 – Leafs record this season when Kessel scores a goal. 18 – Goals for Kessel in 25 career games as a Leaf against Ottawa. 3:43 – Ice-time for Greg McKegg in his NHL debut. 10-10 – Toronto penalty kill in the past three games. Special Teams Capsule PP: 1-5Season: 22.7% (3rd) PK: 2-2Season: 78% (28th) Quote of the Night I “Its a new one for me. To me, its crazy. A guy wears a new pair of skates in the morning, plays the game that night and the next morning hes got lace bite. Go figure. Im at a loss to explain it.” -Randy Carlyle, on the injury which kept Peter Holland out of Saturdays lineup. Quote of the Night II “Hes talking. Four points and he talks.” -Tyler Bozak, upon seeing the media-relunctant Phil Kessel speaking with reporters. Up Next The Leafs head south, visiting the Panthers in Sunrise on Tuesday before taking on the Lightning in Tampa on Thursday. Chris Carson Seahawks Jersey . Cammalleri scored two goals, Corban Knight netted the winner in a shootout, and the Flames erased a two-goal deficit in the third period to beat the Stars 4-3 on Friday night. Shaquem Griffin Youth Jersey . He could have transferred when academic sanctions barred the Huskies from the NCAA tournament his junior season. http://www.seahawksfansofficial.com/ric ... an-jersey/. Notes on Bergeron, Marchand, Gorges, Vanek, Gaborik, Doughty, Hiller and more. BRUINS STORM BACK TO TAKE GAME TWO The Boston Bruins rallied from a 3-1 deficit, scoring four unanswered goals, to win Game Two, 5-3 over the Montreal Canadiens. Chris Carson Womens Jersey .Y. - Alex Rodriguez paid $305,000 for evidence that could be used in the case involving the Biogenesis of America drug clinic, the Daily News reported Saturday. Shaquem Griffin Seahawks Jersey . The thinking at the time was Clowney could have already been promised he would be selected first overall by the Houston Texans, therefore negating any need to meet with any other teams. The plot took another twist this week.ABBOTSFORD, B.C. - Olivier Roy made 24 saves as the Abbotsford Heat beat the Charlotte Checkers 7-1 in American Hockey League action Tuesday. Roy was making his first start with the Heat and was seven minutes away from his first career AHL shutout. The 22-year-old was acquired by the Calgary Flames from the Edmonton Oilers on Nov. 8, but was immediately assigned to their ECHL affiliate Alaska before his call up when Joey MacDonald suffered a concussion last week. When Joni Ortio was recalled to the Flames on Sunday to replace the injured Kari Ramo, Roy got his chance to start. Corban Knight had a goal and two assists to lead the way offensively. Max Reinhart and Markus Granlund had a goal and an assist, while Josh Jooris, Blair Jones, Ben Street and Carter Bancks also scored for Abbotsford (30-14-4). The Heat have now won three straight and are 4-0-2 in their past six games. With the win they move into a tie for first in the Western Conference with Grand Rapids. John Muse allowed four first-period goals on just 12 shots before Mike Murphy relieved him, making 24 saves for Charlotte (22-22-1) Philippe Cornet scored the lone Checkers goal. The Heat opened the scoring at 4:29 of the first. Jooris finished off a great Heat possession, one-timing a pass from Corey Locke in the high slott off the post and in, beating Muse glove side.dddddddddddd. Its the third straight game Jooris has scored. Roy made a big save just shy of the eight-minute mark while the Checkers were killing a penalty. Chris Terry cut to the front of the net from the corner and tried to wrap the puck around Roys right pad, but the 2009 fifth-round choice stretched out his leg to cover the far post, keeping his team up by one. Reinhart scored at 8:54 on the same power play to make it 2-0. Granlund fed it to Knight, who quickly found Reinhart backdoor for the one-timer. The Heat chased Muse from the crease with two goals in 28 seconds. First, Jones one-timed Derek Smiths set up from the left face-off dot on the power play. Then Bancks collected Lane MacDermids rebound before backhanding home a goal. Granlund scored another power-play goal, taking a loose puck in the slot and whipping one past Murphy at 8:17 of the third to give him his team-leading 20th goal of the season. Two minutes later Knight deflected Smiths point shot past Murphy to make it 6-0. Cornet broke Roys shutout bid with seven minutes to go after he one-timed Victor Rasks centring feed just inside the post. Street scored his 18th of the season, one-timing Brett Olsons set up at 14:54 to restore the six-goal cushion. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

TORONTO – He deftly bounced the Tyler Bozak feed off his left skate and onto the blade of his stick before beating a flabbergasted Craig Anderson with the eventual game-winner, and third goal of yet another scorching night. It was the summation of the fifth career hat trick and fifth career 30-goal season for Phil Kessel – he also added an assist – whose scorching play continues to lead a burning Leafs run, one that reached nine wins in 11 games at the ACC on Saturday night. “Its fun to watch,” Nazem Kadri said of Kessels play after a 6-3 win over Ottawa, the 23-year-old catching fire himself in recent weeks. “Hes making plays out there left, right and centre so well just keep letting him do what he does.” Kessel has mesmerized with his electric production amid the Leafs charge – which has them three points back of Tampa for second in the Atlantic division – totaling 10 goals and 23 points in the past 12 games. He has vaulted into fourth in league scoring with 61 points, now trailing only Alex Ovechkin with 30 goals – the fourth time hes reached that mark in five seasons with the Leafs, the lockout-shortened 48-game season the lone exception. The 26-year-old, set to join Team USA for the second time at the upcoming Olympics in Sochi, appears well on his way to eclipsing a career-high of 37 markers and could very well challenge the 40-goal plateau for the first time. “Its hard to really put a limit on him,” said Bozak, who had a goal and an assist and now has 29 points in 33 games this season. “He can get so streaky. Three goals tonight, who knows next game. You never know with him. I definitely wouldnt doubt him getting 40 goals by any means.” Kessel is on pace for 43 goals and 88 points, both of which would prove career-highs. Toronto is 16-3-3 when he scores this season and 26-6-4 when he records a point. Five Points 1. Kessel vs. Ottawa With their third win in three tries against the Senators this season, the Leafs have now beaten their Ontario rival nine times in the past 10 meetings. Much of that success is owed to their leading scorer, who toys with Ottawa like no other. Kessel has 18 goals and 35 points versus the Senators in 25 games as a Leaf and more career goals (25) and points (46) against them than any other team. 2. Kessels All-Around Game Though his performance is aptly judged on the level of offence he produces, Kessels all-around efforts and competitiveness have notably risen during the Leafs sizzling run, which sees them with 66 points on the year. Pointing first to the deadly shot and skating ability of his teammate, Joffrey Lupul observed that “you know when [Kessels] really playing well because of how hes competing on pucks down-low in the offensive end – turning his back, protecting the puck – and hes been doing that for a while now. It makes him really effective down there.” Added Randy Carlyle: “Hes been classified as this one type of player and we think that hes got more of an all-around ability too because he can distribute the puck, he can pass the puck, he can find people, he can do a lot more things than just shoot.” Kessel has 13 assists during the 12-game run. 3. Secondary Hot Streak Kadris hot streak also kept marching on against the Senators. The 23-year-old set up Lupul for the Leafs second goal – which erased a 2-0 deficit – infuriating the Ottawa bench as he did so. Aggressive on the forecheck, Kadri connected with rookie defender Cody Ceci from behind before digging out the puck and feeding his teammate, who was all alone parked in front. The visitors believed a penalty should have been called on the hit from behind and the goal waved off. “I think he turned just to try and give himself a little more room,” Kadri said of Ceci. “At that point Im just fully committed to hit and I just finished my check. To be honest, I did let up a little bit and the puck was laying there and I just put it in front.” Kadri, who played over 23 minutes (nearing a season-high), also added an empty-netter and has 14 points in the past nine games. He is up to 40 points in 53 games this season. 4. Back on Track In a stretch of 20 games between November and December, Joffrey Lupul failed to find the score-sheet 16 times, producing points (10) in just four games. Bouncing between left and right wing, Lupul played with a rotating cast of centres that included everyone from Jay McClement to James van Riemsdyk to Peter Holland and Trevor Smith. “You would like to stay on one line the entire year because that means, for me youre staying healthy first of all, and having success with your linemates,” the 30-year-old told the Leaf Report late last month. “But weve had so many guys in and out of the lineup – myself included, Clarkson, Kulemin, Bozak, everyones been out – theres been nothing really set in stone other than Phil and JVR together, thats been pretty much the only thing.” Entrenched with the same linemates – Nik Kulemin and Nazem Kadri – for the past eight games, while back at his preferred left wing, Lupul is finding a more consistent offensive touch. He scored his 17th goal against the Senators and now has eight points in the past eight games, totaling 33 points in 48 games this season. “Hes a different player on the left side,” said Carlyle. 5. Riellys Improvement Questioned on where he had improved most from the start of his first full NHL training camp, 19-year-old Morgan Rielly pointed to the defensive end. “Id like to think there are a few things Ive improved on,” he told the Leaf Report. “I would say playing defence in my own end. I think thats an area of the game that as a team weve been trying to improve. I think as we kept practicing that and keep talking about it I think that Ive been able to improve at that. But I think I can keep working at it.” More specifically, Rielly said hes improved in his ability to close out on opposing forwards, sealing them against the glass and thus more quickly erasing offensive opportunities. “Just trying to end plays,” he said. “I think that in the past I was just trying to keep them outside. I was a bit too cautious. I think Ill get stronger at just closing in on them and just trying to end the play.” Now paired with Tim Gleason, Riellys defensive assignments are getting tougher and included Ottawa captain Jason Spezza on Saturday evening. Stats-Pack 23 – Points for Phil Kessel in the past 12 games, totaling 10 goals in that span. 14 – Points in the past nine games for Nazem Kadri. 8 – Times in the past nine games that Kadri has registered at least a point. 6 – Consecutive wins for the Leafs at home, the first time theyve accomplished that feat since Mar.6 – Apr. 7, 2007 (9-game streak). 26 – Power-play goals for the Leafs at home this season, most in the NHL. 16-3-3 – Leafs record this season when Kessel scores a goal. 18 – Goals for Kessel in 25 career games as a Leaf against Ottawa. 3:43 – Ice-time for Greg McKegg in his NHL debut. 10-10 – Toronto penalty kill in the past three games. Special Teams Capsule PP: 1-5Season: 22.7% (3rd) PK: 2-2Season: 78% (28th) Quote of the Night I “Its a new one for me. To me, its crazy. A guy wears a new pair of skates in the morning, plays the game that night and the next morning hes got lace bite. Go figure. Im at a loss to explain it.” -Randy Carlyle, on the injury which kept Peter Holland out of Saturdays lineup. Quote of the Night II “Hes talking. Four points and he talks.” -Tyler Bozak, upon seeing the media-relunctant Phil Kessel speaking with reporters. Up Next The Leafs head south, visiting the Panthers in Sunrise on Tuesday before taking on the Lightning in Tampa on Thursday. Chris Carson Seahawks Jersey . Cammalleri scored two goals, Corban Knight netted the winner in a shootout, and the Flames erased a two-goal deficit in the third period to beat the Stars 4-3 on Friday night. Shaquem Griffin Youth Jersey . He could have transferred when academic sanctions barred the Huskies from the NCAA tournament his junior season. http://www.seahawksfansofficial.com/ric ... an-jersey/. Notes on Bergeron, Marchand, Gorges, Vanek, Gaborik, Doughty, Hiller and more. BRUINS STORM BACK TO TAKE GAME TWO The Boston Bruins rallied from a 3-1 deficit, scoring four unanswered goals, to win Game Two, 5-3 over the Montreal Canadiens. Chris Carson Womens Jersey .Y. - Alex Rodriguez paid $305,000 for evidence that could be used in the case involving the Biogenesis of America drug clinic, the Daily News reported Saturday. Shaquem Griffin Seahawks Jersey . The thinking at the time was Clowney could have already been promised he would be selected first overall by the Houston Texans, therefore negating any need to meet with any other teams. The plot took another twist this week.ABBOTSFORD, B.C. - Olivier Roy made 24 saves as the Abbotsford Heat beat the Charlotte Checkers 7-1 in American Hockey League action Tuesday. Roy was making his first start with the Heat and was seven minutes away from his first career AHL shutout. The 22-year-old was acquired by the Calgary Flames from the Edmonton Oilers on Nov. 8, but was immediately assigned to their ECHL affiliate Alaska before his call up when Joey MacDonald suffered a concussion last week. When Joni Ortio was recalled to the Flames on Sunday to replace the injured Kari Ramo, Roy got his chance to start. Corban Knight had a goal and two assists to lead the way offensively. Max Reinhart and Markus Granlund had a goal and an assist, while Josh Jooris, Blair Jones, Ben Street and Carter Bancks also scored for Abbotsford (30-14-4). The Heat have now won three straight and are 4-0-2 in their past six games. With the win they move into a tie for first in the Western Conference with Grand Rapids. John Muse allowed four first-period goals on just 12 shots before Mike Murphy relieved him, making 24 saves for Charlotte (22-22-1) Philippe Cornet scored the lone Checkers goal. The Heat opened the scoring at 4:29 of the first. Jooris finished off a great Heat possession, one-timing a pass from Corey Locke in the high slott off the post and in, beating Muse glove side.dddddddddddd. Its the third straight game Jooris has scored. Roy made a big save just shy of the eight-minute mark while the Checkers were killing a penalty. Chris Terry cut to the front of the net from the corner and tried to wrap the puck around Roys right pad, but the 2009 fifth-round choice stretched out his leg to cover the far post, keeping his team up by one. Reinhart scored at 8:54 on the same power play to make it 2-0. Granlund fed it to Knight, who quickly found Reinhart backdoor for the one-timer. The Heat chased Muse from the crease with two goals in 28 seconds. First, Jones one-timed Derek Smiths set up from the left face-off dot on the power play. Then Bancks collected Lane MacDermids rebound before backhanding home a goal. Granlund scored another power-play goal, taking a loose puck in the slot and whipping one past Murphy at 8:17 of the third to give him his team-leading 20th goal of the season. Two minutes later Knight deflected Smiths point shot past Murphy to make it 6-0. Cornet broke Roys shutout bid with seven minutes to go after he one-timed Victor Rasks centring feed just inside the post. Street scored his 18th of the season, one-timing Brett Olsons set up at 14:54 to restore the six-goal cushion. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

The 2014 NHL draft class can be forgiven for feeling as though it has a case of middle-child syndrome. Which is to say, the top of this years draft class is not as dynamic or exciting as the 2013 class of Nate MacKinnon, Sasha Barkov, Jonathan Drouin and Seth Jones and its not as strikingly promising as the highly-anticipated 2015 slate of Connor McDavid, Jack Eichel and Noah Hanifin. But it would be a disservice to damn Aaron Ekblad, Sam Reinhart, Sam Bennett, Leon Draisaitl and Michael Dal Colle with faint praise. "They are all very good prospects, theyre all going to play in the NHL, they all should turn out to be very good players for a long time," one NHL scout said. But the draft is all about projection. And where MacKinnon, Barkov and Drouin were projected as first-line forwards and Jones was projected a likely No. 1 defenceman – destined for greatness -- this years crop of forwards is projected more as second liners with defenceman Ekblad perhaps getting "top pairing" billing though not necessarily a future dynamic No. 1. Good, maybe very good, but not necessarily great. The draft is also about question marks and, according to the scouts, even the elite picks this year have a few. And once one gets outside the top five of this years draft, question marks really abound. "There are some really talented kids in this draft, and not just at the top either," an NHL scout said, "but I dont recall a year recently when there were as many question marks. Skilled kids who lack size; players who might have issues with attitude or commitment. It seems to be a really volatile draft. Good luck trying to figure out this one." That said, in the eyes of the scouts, at the top, its rock solid, and, really, it has been all season long. Barrie Colt defenceman Aaron Ekblad is No. 1 on TSNs Top 60 Final Rankings for the 2014 draft, a position hes owned or had a share of since last September. Seven of the 10 scouts surveyed by TSN to compile the rankings had Ekblad at No. 1. No scout surveyed had him outside of the top three. Only two other prospects got first-place votes. No. 2-ranked Sam Reinhart, a centre with the Kootenay Ice, had one and No. 3-ranked Sam Bennett, a centre with the Kingston Frontenacs, had two. "The difference between the top guys this year is not significant," a scout said. "Thats why youre hearing more talk of teams drafting with position in mind." To say nothing of those question marks. For example, as good as the 6-foot-4, 216-pound Ekblad is, some scouts wonder if he an upside greater than being a steady, reliable two-way defender. Is there a dynamic quality there that is usually associated with a potential first overall pick? Barrie head coach Dale Hawerchuk, a former NHL star, doesnt know about dynamic, but he does know impactful, because thats what Ekblad has been from the moment he showed up to Barrie as a 15-year-old who was granted exceptional status by Hockey Canada to enter the OHL a year early. "Hes been a top pair, shutdown defenceman who played against the best players in our league from the day he got here," Hawerchuk said, "and theres no doubt in my mind, none whatsoever, that hes going to be a really good top pair, shutdown defenceman who plays against the best players in the NHL. Hes been impactful since Day 1. He does it all and he does it all consistently and hes going to be a 15 to 20 year top-pair NHL defenceman." This years top prospects earn rave reviews for some specific trait or quality, but the praise is accompanied by a question. Reinharts hockey sense, for example, is widely hailed, elite level, as good as it gets. But will his average speed and size put a second-line ceiling on him or reduce his effectiveness against men? Bennetts complete game – equal parts skill, smarts, spirit, edge and work ethic – is lauded but can an average size centre translate that style to the NHL against men? No. 4-ranked Leon Draisaitl, the Prince Albert Raiders German-born and –trained centre, has a big NHL frame and can make plays but will the lack of a dynamic step keep him from being a first-liner? No. 5-ranked Michael Dal Colle, the Oshawa Generals rangy winger who is equally adept at shooting or making plays, but will his play without the puck be an issue? And yet, for all the questions being asked, scouts concede these five are all good NHL prospects with a strong likelihood of having long NHL careers. But there is a high degree – higher than usual – of subjectivity this year. Nowhere is that more evident than in the players, ranked Nos. 6 through 10 on TSNs list. No. 6-ranked Nick Ritchie, the Peterborough Pete winger, has all the physical tools to be the consummate scoring power forward but theres been a lot of immaturity, inconsistency as well as some injuries in his game. No. 7-ranked Jake Virtanen, the Calgary Hitmen winger, is another who has all the tools to be a scoring power forward but some scouts are a little wary because he tends to get tunnel vision when he has the puck. No. 8-ranked Haydn Fleury, the Red Deer Rebel defenceman, has the size and speed scouts love but he has not established himself as either an offensive defenceman or a punishing defenceman. No. 9-ranked William Nylander, the Canadian-born, Swedish-trained winger, may be the most skilled player in the entire draft class, but scouts worry about a stubborn streak that has often seen him play a more individual than team game. No. 10-ranked Nikolaj Ehlers, the Halifax Mooseheads Danish winger, was as prolific as any prospect this year, scoring 49 goals and 104 points in 67 games, and theres no doubting his skill level, but hes listed at 160 pounds, or as one scout put it, "he has to put on 20 pounds to be considered small." "Its a funny draft," a scout said. "A kid like Ritchie, with his size and skill, or Nylander, with his skill level, could one day be the best of this class but theres some real risk associated with these guys. What if Ritchie doesnt get fully committed to being as good as he can be? What if Nylander just decides hes going to play like hes the only guy on the ice?" Thats always a theme in any draft, but this year it seems to be even more prevalent earlier than ever involving more prospects than usual. Size is certainly on the mind of a lot of teams, especially after the very large Los Angeles Kings won the Stanley Cup. Whether anyone likes it or not, thats the standard by which players are now judged. "I look at these kids and I try to project them playing against the Los Angeles Kings one day," a scout said. "Can they play that game at that level?" Even that exercise can be fraught with peril because two of those outstanding Kings – Tanner Pearson, who went 30th overall in the 2012 draft, and Tyler Toffoli, who went 47th overall in 2010 – were passed over by many teams in their respective draft year because they were perceived as too slow or too weak or too incomplete or too flawed. Go figure. Guelph centre Robby Fabbri (No. 14 on TSNs list) scored 45 goals for the Storm in the regular season, was the OHLs playoff MVP and plays a hard-nosed game for a 5-foot-10 pivot, but will he stand up to the L.A. King litmus test? Ditto for smallish Swiss forward Kevin Fiala, No. 15 on the TSN list, though Fiala had the benefit of playing against men in both the Swedish League and for Switzerland at the World Championships. But no two players represent the uncertain quality of this years draft like the 30th and 31st-ranked Josh Ho Sang of the Windsor Spitfires and Anthony DeAngelo of the Sarnia Sting. Ho Sang is an electrifying, highly-skilled albeit undersized skilled forward who has some very firm ideas on how the game of hockey should be played and how he should play it. First-round talent? Absolutely. Will a team step up and take him in the first round? Thats the fascinating aspect of this draft. So much natural talent; so many question marks. "The question with Ho Sang is whether he wants to be a hockey player or he wants to be an artist or an entertainer," one scout said. "When he plays the give and go game, hes effective and dangerous but a lot of the time he only wants to go, theres no give (the puck to anyone else). Is he going to figure it out? Because if he does, the skills he has…" DeAngelos situation, though, takes it to another level of uncertainty. The American blueliner is undersized at 5-foot-10 and 170 pounds, but he put up 15 goals and 71 points in 51 games for Sarnia. Imagine how many more points he would have registered if he hadnt been suspended on three separate occasions this season for either violating the OHLs diversity policy or verbally abusing an on-ice official or, as fate would have it, both. In December of 2013, DeAngelo was suspended five games for violating the leagues diversity policy in a verbal spat with an on-ice official. In January of 2014, he received an eight-game suspension for violating the leagues diversity policy in a verbal exchange with a teammate. Five games after returning from that eight-game suspension, he was suspended two games for (verbal) abuse of an official. Many scouts dont know what to make of DeAngelo. The vast majority of them say the north New Jersey kid, wholl effectively be at "home" for this weeks NHL draft in Philadelphia, is (in spite of size concerns) a first-round talent, a smart, mobile and offensively gifted blueliner. "Look at the talented small defencemen and where theyve been taken in the draft, guys like Ryan Ellis, Ryan Murphy, Derrick Pouliot, even Erik Karlsson," a scout said. "DeAngelo should, on talent, be taken in that 10 to 20 range but Im not sure he will be because of the other stuff." Some of the scouts surveyed by TSN said they wouldnt take DeAngelo at all. Others said he would be a consideration in the second round – talent like that is hard to pass – but a couple did say they wouldnt rule out considering him in the first round. "If you read stuff that people write, I think they go overboard with it because they dont know the details," DeAngelo told the Camden Courier Post. "They think I have character issues. I dont think I have character issues." Interestingly, USA Hockey chose to not invite DeAngelo to its summer evaluation camp for the 2015 U.S. national junior team. Of all the stories in what is expected to be an unpredictable draft, DeAngelos is bound to be one of the most compelling. Hes expected to have upwards of 100 friends and family in attendance Friday night and whether hes chosen or not in the first round will be an intriguing storyline. Getting consensus for the TSN rankings was never more difficult than this year. Outside of perhaps the top 35 to 40, there was no real consensus. Even within the top 30 in the first round, there was a far greater variance from player to player than ever before. TSNs rankings do not take into account the teams order of selection; theres no allowance made for a teams personal or positional preference. These rankings are not so much an evaluation of which players will one day turn into the best NHLers as it is a forecast of what order in the draft this Friday and Saturday these players will reasonably be chosen. The list is determined on a mostly objective formula based on numerical rankings assigned by the scouts interviewed by TSN. Brian ONeill Vikings Jersey .S. President Barack Obama saluted the Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks at the White House on Monday -- a rare moment for a president hungry to see more victorious teams from his hometown. Chris Doleman Vikings Jersey . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. http://www.thevikingsshoponline.com/You ... ersey/.com) - Graeme McDowell opened up with a first- round, 5-under 67 on Thursday and he holds a 2-shot lead at the WGC - HSBC Champions. Minnesota Vikings Jerseys . The Canadian Football Leagues all-time passing leader said he has not made a final decision, but he will discuss his future with Montreal Alouettes owner Bob Wetenhall on the weekend. Chris Doleman Jersey . Last year, Matt Kuchar closed with a 4-under 68 to beat Kevin Chappell by two strokes for his second win of the 2013 season and sixth of his career.With less than a week until the NHL Trade Deadline, check out the latest trade-related reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. Is that Your Final Answer? The Pittsburgh Penguins are reportedly ponying up in their efforts to lure Ryan Kesler out of Vancouver. Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported a proposed deal between the Pens and Canucks that he credited to multiple sources. “A proposed deal would send Kesler to the Penguins in exchange for Brandon Sutter, two 2014 draft picks — likely a first- and third-round — and the Canucks choice of defensemen Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin,” Rossi wrote on Saturday. Rossi continued to say that it is possible the deal could involve another player going in either direction, but that Penguins GM Ray Shero was only looking to acquire Kesler. Goalies Gone Wild The Minnesota Wild are apparently very much in the market for an upgrade between the pipes. According to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher is after a netminder and was even in on discussions for former Buffalo keeper Ryan Miller before getting priced out. So, who fits the bill for Minnys playoff push? Russo drops a lengthy list that spans from new Sabres acquisition Jarsolav Halak to established number ones like Martin Brodeur and Cam Ward to enigmatic Oilers netminder Ilya Bryzgalov. Snowfall Warning? Could this be Paul Stastnys last week as a member of the Colorado Avalanche? The Denver Posts Adrian Dater writes that if the AAvs are unable to get the 28-year-old re-upped before the deadline, they could deal him rather than risk losing him for nothing over the summer as an unrestricted free agent.dddddddddddd "You want to keep winning and dont want to break that chemistry, but at the same time if something happens, it happens. Its just part of the business. Some things I cant control and I just worry about what I can control — and thats playing hockey," Stastny told the Post. Dater believes the Avs could probably expect a young defenseman in return and one that might still have time left on an existing deal or, if not, a pending restricted free agent. Call Me, Maybe? Jaromir Jagr is an intriguing name to watch prior to Wednesday. The 42-year-old just became the NHLs seventh 700-goal scorer and – as a pending unrestricted free agent – could be an attractive veteran addition for many teams as they push towards the post-season. But the iconic Czech winger cautions that any team looking for his services should probably run it by him first. “The situation with me is I think if any team would try to trade for me they would probably ask me first if I wanted to go there,” Jagr told the Star-Ledger after the New Jersey Devils Saturday win over the New York Islanders. “I dont have a contract (for next season) and Im 42 years old. What if I decided to go home? Nobody is going to give any draft picks or players for me if they dont know. “Same thing happened when I went to Boston (from Dallas last season). They called before. So Im probably going to know whats going on before.” Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

BATHURST, N.B. - Nikolaj Ehlers reached the 40-goal mark by scoring three times as the Halifax Mooseheads blanked the host Acadie-Bathurst Titan 6-0 on Friday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Goaltender Zachary Fucale only had to make 18 saves for the shutout while Ehlers tacked on an assist for a four-point outing. Austyn Hardie scored once and set up two more for the Mooseheads (40-18-3), who extended their win streak to five games, and Andrew Ryan and Philippe Gadoury had the others. Titan (18-37-6) defenceman Alexandre Gosselin was caught on the ice for all six goals against. Miguel Sullivan stopped 34-of-40 shots for Acadie-Bathurst, which fell to 1-8-1 in its last 10 contests. --- ISLANDERS 5 WILDCATS 4 MONCTON, N.B. -- Bradley Kennedy scored twice as Charlottetown snapped a four-game slide by edging the Wildcats. Spenser Cobbold scored once and assisted on two others for the Islanders (19-36-6) while Troy Vance and Daniel Sprong each had a goal and an assist. Stephan Seegar, Mark Simpson, Vladimir Tkachev and Christopher Caissy supplied the scoring for Moncton (30-29-3), which dropped its fourth straight game. Mason MacDonald made 34 saves for Charlottetown as Jason Rioux turned away 19-of-24 shots for the Wildcats. --- SCREAMING EAGLES 4 SEA DOGS 3 SAINT JOHN, N.B. --Jeremy Beaudry scored twice, including the winner 4:09 into overtime, as Cape Breton picked up its sixth win in its last seven outings by slipping past the Sea Dogs. Julien Pelletier and Clark Bishop also scored for the Screaming Eagles (33-24-4), who blew a 3-0 third-period lead before salvaging the two points. Jason Cameron, Matthew Highmore and Nicolas Hebert scored in a 4:17 span for Saint John (18-37-5) to force extra time. Cape Bretons Alex Bureau made 22 saves. Sebastien Auger kicked out 34-of-38 shots for the Sea Dogs. --- TIGRES 7 SAGUENEENS 1 CHICOUTIMI, Que. -- Jean-Francois Plante scored twice and Brandon Whitney made 36 saves as Victoriaville crushed the Sagueneens. Lukas Pozgay, Carl-Antoine Delisle, Angelo Miceli, Anthony Beaulieu and Philippe Hudon also scored for the Tigres (31-23-7). Nikita Liamkin scored the lone goal for Chicoutimi (26-34-1). Julio Billia started in net for Chicoutimi and gave up six goals on 29 shots before giving way to Mathieu Duquette, who stopped 1-of-2 shots in eight minutes of relief. --- DRAKKAR 4 PHOENIX 1 BAIE-COMEAU, Que. -- The Drakkar used a three-goal third period to slip past Sherbrooke. Jeremy Gregoire, Denis Gorbunov and Valentin Zykov scored in the third for Baie-Comeau (43-15-4) and Maxim St-Cyr opened the scoring in the second. Daniel Audette scored the lone goal for the Phoenix (16-38-7), who sit three points out of the final playoff position. Simon Lemieux made 24 saves for the Drakkar while Sherbrookes Francis Desrosiers turned aside 40-of-44 shots in a losing cause. --- ARMADA 3 VOLTIGEURS 1 DRUMMONDVILLE, Que. -- Christopher Clapperton scored twice as Blainville-Boisbriand snapped a four-game skid by downing the Voltigeurs. Marc-Olivier Roy also scored for the Armada (38-14-9) and Etienne Marcoux stopped 29 shots for the victory. Ryan Culkin scored the lone goal for Drummondville (37-21-4). Louis-Philip Guindon turned aside 13-of-15 for the Voltigeurs. --- FOREURS 5 OLYMPIQUES 0 GATINEAU, Que. -- Anthony Mantha had two goals and an assist and Antoine Bibeau stopped 32 shots as Val-dOr shutout the Olympiques. Louick Marcotte scored once for the Foreurs (40-19-2) and assisted on goals by Anthony Richard and Samuel Henley. Martin Reway and Emile Poirier led Gatineau (37-20-4) in shots on net with four each. Robert Steeves stopped 32-of-37 shots for the Olympiques. --- OCEANIC 3 HUSKIES 1 RIMOUSKI, Que. -- Michael Joly had a pair of goals as the Oceanic extended their win streak to 10 games by beating Rouyn-Noranda. Frederik Gauthier also scored for Rimouski (39-15-7) and now has five goals in his last four outings. Oceanic netminder Philippe Desrosiers made 20 saves for the win. Jason Fuchs scored the lone goal for the Huskies (33-23-5) and Guillaume Decelles stopped 20-of-22 shots in a losing cause. --- CATARACTES 2 REMPARTS 1 (SO) SHAWINIGAN, Que. -- Giovanni Fiore scored once in regulation and the lone goal of the shootout as the Cataractes downed Quebec. Marvin Cupper turned away 40-of-41 shots through 65 minutes and all three shooters in the shootout for Shawinigan (16-36-8). Mikhail Grigorenko scored for the Remparts (35-16-9) while Francois Brassard made 30 saves in a losing cause. The Cataractes went 0 for 3 on the power play while Quebec scored once on three chances. Freddie Freeman Jersey . A day after FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke said three stadiums would not be ready in time for the Dec. 31 deadline, Brazilian officials said they actually plan to deliver all six remaining venues after that date. They claim only three are delayed, with the other three being handed over after the expected date only because of problems accommodating the schedule of Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, who wants to be present for the ceremonies. Hank Aaron Braves Jersey . Hernandez (3-0) struck out 11 and shut down Oakland for the second time in a week, becoming the first Mariners pitcher to win three times in the first nine games of a season. With the usual "Kings Court" for Hernandez home starts expanded to a "Supreme Court" encompassing the entire stadium with yellow shirts and "K" cards, Hernandez gave up four hits in the 28th double-digit strikeout game of his career. http://www.baseballbravesproshop.com/se ... es-jersey/. -- DeMarcus Cousins had 29 points, nine rebounds and six steals to lead the Sacramento Kings to their third straight preseason win, a 107-90 victory over the Phoenix Suns on Thursday night. Julio Teheran Braves Jersey . Klein went undrafted in the NFL last year following his senior season with the Wildcats. He was invited to the Houston Texans rookie camp, but was not offered a contract. Adam Duvall Braves Jersey . "If we only consider this season," Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini said, "there is just one club in Manchester -- and its ours. PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Scott Gardiner of Australia had a 5-under 65 and wound up with the lead Saturday in the Web.com Tour Championship when Chesson Hadley stumbled at the end. Gardiner has played well enough in this four-tournament series that determines PGA Tour cards that he already has locked up his return to the big leagues. A win in the final event would give him top status for the 2013-14 season and a spot in The Players Championship. Hadley, who also has secured his card through Web.com Tour regular-season money list, had a two-shot lead for most of the third round on the Valley Course at the TPC Sawgrass. But he bogeyed the 17th, and then took double bogey on the last hole for a 70 that left him one shot behind with Joe Durant (68). Gardiner was at 10-under 200. The Web.com Tour Finals replaces the old version of Q-school, which finished with a six-round tournament. The top 25 from the Web.com Tour regular season are assured their PGA Tour cards, leaving 25 additional cards based on a special money list from the four tournaments. Durant was among a dozen or so players who go into the final round with a shot at getting one of those 25 cards.dddddddddddd Andrew Putnam, whose older brother won the money title on the Web.com Tour and is assured top status, made a hole-in-one on the tough 11th hole on his way to a 67 and was in fourth place. He likely would need to finish around 15th to get his card. Others who made big moves in the third were Andrew Loupe (67), Rod Pampling (68) and Russell Knox (68), who were tied for sixth at 6-under 204. Chad Campbell, who played on three Ryder Cup teams, had a 67 and was among those at 5-under 205. Campbell just on the outside of getting one of the 25 cards and would need another solid round Sunday. Ben Kohles also was at 205, but because he started much higher on the special money list, he wouldnt need to do as much in the final round. Alexander Rocha of Brazil also was on the cusp of a card until making bogey on half of his holes for a 78 that took him out of contention for a card. Gardiner made the cut in only seven of 23 events he played in his rookie season on the PGA Tour. But he tied for third in the first event of the Web.com Tour Finals and came into the final event at No. 11 on the money list. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

MIAMI -- The Miami Dolphins fired offensive line coach Jim Turner and longtime head athletic trainer Kevin ONeill on Wednesday for their roles in the teams bullying scandal. The moves were the first punitive steps taken by the Dolphins since a report on the NFLs investigation of the case was released last week. Investigators found that guard Richie Incognito and two teammates engaged in persistent harassment directed at tackle Jonathan Martin, another offensive lineman and an assistant trainer. Martin left the team at midseason, and Incognito was suspended for the final eight games. Turner didnt attempt to stop the harassment and even took part in some of the taunting of offensive lineman Andrew McDonald, the NFL report said. ONeill expressed hostility toward the investigation and cut short an interview with those conducting it, according to the report. ONeill was fired shortly after he and other team officials arrived in Indianapolis for the leagues annual scouting combine. Turner didnt make the trip. In a news release announcing the firings, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said the behaviour described in the report was "against the core values of our organization." "After receiving the report, I conducted my own internal review of the facts to determine the appropriate steps for our organization," Ross said. "Jim Turner and Kevin ONeill are good people who care a great deal about their profession and the players whom they serve, but both exhibited poor judgment at times, which led me to this conclusion." Ross said he has been in contact with Martin and will meet soon with the two-year veteran. Martin has two seasons remaining on his contract with the Dolphins, but last month Ross said he didnt believe the tackle would play again for Miami. Incognito becomes a free agent this winter and will try to sign with another team. Coach Joe Philbin made his first public comments since the reports release, saying the vulgar language and behaviour outlined were disappointing and unacceptable, and adding that fundamental values of respect were violated. "That ultimately rests on my shoulders, and I will be accountable moving forward for making sure that we emphasize a team-first culture of respect toward one another," Philbin said in a statement. The report found no evidence that Philbin was aware of abusive conduct within the team. Several people interviewed told investigators Turner gave McDonald a male sex doll as a gag gift around Christmas 2012. Turner told investigators he didnt remember the incident, but investigators said they didnt believe him. Martin told investigators ONeill and other team employees saw an assistant trainer being humiliated and didnt intervene. ONeill allegedly laughed at racial insults directed toward the assistant trainer. ONeill was the Dolphins trainer for 18 years and has been in the NFL for 25 years. He and his Miami staff won national awards, including one last year from the National Athletic Trainers Association. Turner joined the Dolphins shortly after Philbin was hired as head coach two years ago. Brett Favre Womens Jersey .com) - Nicklas Backstrom scored a pair of goals and Alex Ovechkin notched a highlight-reel tally, leading the Washington Capitals to a 4-0 victory over the New Jersey Devils on Saturday at the Prudential Center. Cris Carter Womens Jersey . Despite Barcelona showing the same vulnerability in defence, Messis best performance since returning from a lengthy injury layoff ensured that his side bounced back from a defeat by Valencia in the previous round. http://www.thevikingsshoponline.com/You ... -jersey/.Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. Cris Carter Vikings Jersey . - Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the NFL has told the team it will not be docked a pick in this years draft for coach Mike Tomlins foray onto the field against Baltimore last November. Chris Doleman Jersey . -- Without Carey Price, the run for a first Stanley Cup in 21 years got steeper and longer for the Montreal Canadiens.FORT MYERS, Fla. - Grady Sizemores long journey back from a series of injuries that almost ended his promising career is complete: He will be the Boston Red Soxs starting centre fielder on opening day. The three-time All-Star is set to play for the World Series champions Monday at Baltimore. "Its very exciting," Sizemore said Friday. "Its been a long road for me and Im happy to keep moving forward and to be in this position for this team." Sizemore beat out highly regarded prospect Jackie Bradley Jr. for the starting job. The Red Sox said Friday that Bradley will begin the season at Triple-A Pawtucket. Sizemore has not played in the majors since September 2011 with Cleveland. He has undergone seven operations since 2009, including surgery on both knees, his back and elbow. The Red Sox lost star centre fielder Jacoby Ellsbury to the Yankees in free agency during the off-season. Boston signed the 31-year-old Sizemore in January, hoping he could still make an impact. Sizemore hit .333 in spring training, going 13 for 39 with a home run, two doubles, three walks, and four strikeouts. He held up well in the outfield, playing 82 innings. "This is one of those situations where the game was taken away from a player and now that its back in his reach, that appreciation is only going to grow," Farrell said. "Theres a greater appreciation that I think any player goes through when theyre able to attain that level again. "He hasnt had any push back with the repetition and the volume in spring training, saying his body cant take it," Farrell added. "We have had a cautious level of optimism with each passing day." Entering spring training, the Red Sox were not sure what to expect from Sizemore. But hes passed every marker. Whats left is too see how he holds up during the rigours of a full season.dddddddddddd "As far as the durability question, we answered it as best we could given the number of spring training games," Farrell said. "He will still be on a progression in the month of April where theres a prescribed number of games played and theres a progression to that. Its premature to give you an exact number of games per week. But were working toward an everyday status." Sizemore was a third-round pick of the Montreal Expos in 2000 before being acquired in a six-player deal by Cleveland in 2002 when Farrell was the Indians director of player development. Before his injuries, Sizemore was one of baseballs most dynamic players. A left-handed batter, he hit 20 or more home runs with 20 or more stolen bases in each of his first four full seasons, from 2005-08, the most 20-20 seasons in Indians history. The only other players ever to record three 20-20 seasons within their first four big league seasons are Darryl Strawberry (1984-86) and Bobby Bonds (1969-71). Despite his time away from the game, Sizemore never gave up on his baseball career, though. "I didnt think it was over," he said. "I just didnt know if Id ever get back to feeling healthy. It wasnt really a matter of playing baseball. It was the little things like being able to run. It was one of those things where youre just trying to find answers." The last few years have not been easy on Sizemore. After appearing in a total of 639 games from 2005-08, he has played in just 210 since. But, on Monday, expect that to change. "Its nice to have some positive news," Sizemore said. "In the last couple of years everythings been so negative. Its almost hard to realize whats going on. Hard to sink in." Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Restricted free-agent linebacker Mark Herzlich has re-signed with the New York Giants. The Giants announced the signing of the fourth-year player Friday without releasing terms. In his first three years with the Giants, Herzlich played in 43 games with six starts. He has 57 tackles (44 solo) on defence and 33 special teams tackles. The former Boston College product played in all 16 games for the second year in a row, with two starts. He had a career-high 32 tackles (26 solo) and a team-leading 14 special teams tackles (12 solo) playing mostly as a backup to Jon Beason at middle linebacker. Andy Isabella Cardinals Jersey . LOUIS - The St. Adrian Wilson Cardinals Jersey . - Pete Rose didnt want it to be about him, not on a day when four new members were elected to baseballs most exclusive club. http://www.thecardinalsshoponline.com/b ... rsey-en/.J. -- Rampage Jackson scowled, howled, then bellowed to the crowd: "Im back! Im back!" With rebuilt knees and a new promotion, Jackson might have one more act left in MMA. Zach Allen Jersey . - Kobe Bryant and LeBron James traded hugs, big shots and verbal jabs all night with warmth and humour. Adrian Wilson Womens Jersey .S. Basketball Writers Association. McDermott, who finished his career at Creighton as college basketballs fifth-leading scorer, accepted the honour from Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson at AT&T Stadium, site of the Final Four.PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Pirates right fielder Gregory Polanco stepped into the batters box with the bases loaded and one out in the fourth inning. His team led the Miami Marlins by a run, and he had a golden opportunity to put the game out of reach. After taking two pitches out of the zone, he fouled one back behind the third-base dugout. The next was hit foul down the left field line. Polancos third cut did the trick as he laced left-hander Brian Flynns 2-2 offering to his opposite field for a two-run single that gave the Pirates a three-run lead. The rookie finished 2 for 4 and drove in four runs, Edinson Volquez pitched one-hit ball over seven innings, and Pittsburgh beat Miami 7-2 Thursday night. "I was just trying to see the ball and not hurry with my swing," Polanco said. "He was throwing really good. Thats why I was fouling off so many balls." Polanco is showing he can handle left-handers early in his big league career. "I think thats the third time hes shown that ability to hit a ball into left field off a left-hander," Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said. "When theyre throwing down and away, he stayed out over the plate and covered it." Marlins reliever Dan Jennings was hit in the head by a line drive off the bat of Jordy Mercer in the seventh. Miami manager Mike Redmond said Jennings had his eyes open and was responding to questions when he was on the mound. After the game, the Marlins announced that a CT scan on Jennings was negative and that he was diagnosed with a concussion. He was kept in a hospital overnight for observation. Jennings momentarily stumbled before going to his knees after the play. He stood up to get in a cart and held up a hand to acknowledge the crowd as he was driven off the field. Volquez (9-7) didnt allow a hit until the fifth, when Donovan Solano singled with one out. Volquez struck out seven batters and walked three. Flynn (0-1) was chased before he got an out in the fifth. Mercers leadoff double started a three-run fourth. Polancos two-run single maade it 3-0.dddddddddddd Mercer and Gaby Sanchez added RBI singles in the fifth. Mercer finished with three hits and scored twice, and Josh Harrison extended his hitting streak to a career-high 11 games. Polanco hit a two-run double in the eighth. Giancarlo Stanton hit his 27th homer of the season, a two-run drive in the ninth for the Marlins. "Its just one of those nights," Redmond said. "Weve got to be able to swing with these guys and we werent able to do it." TRAINERS ROOM Marlins: 1B John Baker was held out of the game after fouling a ball off his foot Wednesday night. Pirates: Center fielder Andrew McCutchen (rib) missed his third straight game. Hurdle said the reigning MVP is adding to his recovery routine but it is still in a "wait-and-see" situation as to whether he will go on the disabled list. ... Second baseman Neil Walker (back) sat out for the fourth time in five games. ... Infielder Clint Barmes (groin) is nearing a return, with baserunning being the only obstacle in the way of a plan to come off the DL. UP NEXT Marlins: RHP Nathan Eovaldi (5-6, 4.22 ERA) starts for the Marlins against RHP Mike Leake (9-9, 3,46 ERA) on Friday night as Miami continues its six-game trip in Cincinnati. Eovaldi makes his second career start against the Reds. He pitched seven innings and allowed a run on two hits in Miamis extra-inning win Saturday. Pirates: Pittsburgh opens a three-game set with San Diego at home as RHP Vance Worley (4-1, 2.43 ERA) faces RHP Ian Kennedy (8-9, 3.59 ERA). Worley has allowed just one run in his last two starts, which included his first career shutout on July 28 in San Francisco. GETAWAY DAY STRIKE ZONE Of Volquezs seven strikeouts Thursday night, four were called third strikes. After Volquez one-hit the Miami Marlins for seven innings, Redmond thought the Pirates right-hander received aid from the umpire, "He got some help back (behind the plate) too," Redmond said. "He got some strike calls there. A lot of them." Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Joe Pavelski was being too creative in the shootout. He needed something different this time. Pavelski scored in the shootout and Antti Niemi stopped all three attempts to help the San Jose Sharks beat the Anaheim Ducks 4-3 on Saturday night. "You dont get a chance to do very much," Pavelski said. "Theres only a couple of moves you can do. You stop, the puck keeps moving, slow." Logan Couture scored his first goal in eight games. Patrick Marleau and Marty Havlat also scored for the Sharks, who finished a season-long five-game homestand unbeaten and won their eighth in nine overall. The Sharks got a scare when Joe Thornton caught a puck over his left eye. He was back on the ice after getting stitched up. "You hope its not serious and when we saw where it was, we knew hed be back," Marleau said. "He played with one eye for the most start." Thornton wasnt making too much of it. "I think it was just a ricochet. Im not sure if somebody tipped it or not, but it caught me right on," he said. "I just came in and got some stitches. But Im fine. Its what hockey players do. They get bumps and bruises and they come back out." Corey Perry, Alex Grant and Ben Lovejoy scored for the Ducks, who had won three of their past four. "We kept coming back at them," Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau said. "We were always within reach. If we scored one, wed score two. We had our opportunities." Niemi stopped 28 of 31 shots for his 15th win. Jonas Hiller saved 32 shots in taking the loss. The Ducks have lost six of their past seven road games. Lovejoy tied it at 16:54 of the third with his first goal of the season, though he has three points in his past four games. Nick Bonino won a faceoff in the Sharks zone, tapped the puck to Lovejoy, who shot it to the right corner. "Its good to win but we made a lot of mistakes," Couture said. "After losing a faceoff we need to get into the shooting lanes. We need to do our job." Hiller stopped all 12 shots he faced in the first period, including several outstanding saves. Perry gave the Ducks the early advantage with a shot into the upper right corner 5:56 into the game. Ryan Getzlaf gave him a terrific pass to set up the goal. Niemi had a solid second period, allowing the Sharks to take the lead. Couture tied the game at 4:16 of the second. He redirected a shot from Marc-Edouard Vlasic over Hillers glove. The goal ended a season-long goal scoring drought for the centre. The Sharks took advantage of a poor pass from Hiller to score an easy goal midway through the period for the go-ahead goal. Hiller came out of the net to clear the puck, but flared it to Marleaus stick, who played give-and-go with Thornton and scored into an empty net at 10:13. Havlat picked up a rebounded shot and tipped it into the net with less than a minute remaining to put the Sharks up 3-1 entering the final period. "Thats a lot of character when you have guys step up in the third period like that, down two goals against a pretty good hockey team and able to fight back and get that point," Getzlaf said. Grant, playing in his first NHL game, scored his first goal with 7:10 remaining in the third to bring the Ducks within 3-2. The defenceman took a shot that Niemi blocked with his right shoulder, but was unable to control as it flipped in the air behind him and into the net. NOTES: Getzlaf recorded a point in his 10th straight game, his longest streak in four years. ... The Sharks and Ducks played the first of five games in their season series. It was their first meeting since March 27, a span of 249 days. ... Hiller went down for a few moments after teammate Kyle Palmieri accidentally hit him in the side of the head. ... Ducks F Dustin Penner has eight points in his past six games. ... Mike Brown recorded his first assist of the season and his second point. Andrew Luck Colts Jersey . Tottenham claimed top spot in Group K by winning 2-0 at Tromso after defender Adnan Causevic scored an own goal before Mousa Dembele put the result beyond doubt. Valencia made sure it will finish first in Group A with a 1-0 win at Swansea thanks to an early goal from Dani Parejo. Malik Hooker Jersey .C. -- Unable to get much lift off his sore right ankle, Bobcats centre Al Jefferson figured it was time to make an adjustment. http://www.officialindianapoliscoltspro ... ts-jersey/. Patrick Sharp scored twice and Patrick Kane, Bryan Bickell and Nick Leddy also connected to lead Chicago to a 5-2 win over the Devils on Monday night. Marvin Harrison Colts Jersey . To get things started, heres a little photo tour to get you acquainted with all the main characters. Quenton Nelson Youth Jersey . -- Phil Hughes ended a personal losing streak that dated to last July, pitching into the seventh inning Sunday and helping the Twins top the Kansas City Royals 8-3 to avoid a three-game sweep.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Gary Kubiak was all set to stay in Baltimore, where hed had a terrific comeback as the Ravens offensive co-ordinator after getting fired from his head coaching job in Houston the year before.He turned down opportunities to interview for the head coaching vacancies with the Bears and Jets, and planned a vacation with his wife, Rhonda.Then, his cellphone buzzed.It was John Elway.Cancel the sand and the surf.Pack the skis instead.It was just a game-changer, Kubiak said Tuesday after being introduced as the 15th head coach of the Denver Broncos, where he spent 13 seasons either backing up Elway at quarterback or drawing up blueprints as his offensive co-ordinator.This place is special for me Kubiak said.And Kubiak held a hallmark spot in Elways plans after the Broncos general manager parted with John Fox a day after Denvers dismal showing in a 24-13 playoff loss to Indianapolis.He was at the top of the list, no question, Elway said, stressing, in my mind there is not a better guy to take over the Denver Broncos.Kubiak isnt fixing a 4-12 jalopy with high draft picks and low expectations but rather a 12-4 team that featured an NFL-high 11 Pro Bowlers. Yet, this team showed a striking lack of fire in that playoff loss to the Colts two weeks ago when the mantra all year was about atoning for that 35-point loss to Seattle in last years Super Bowl.Kubiak steps into a pressure cooker where Elway reiterated its always Super Bowl or bust, and where Foxs 49-22 record wasnt nearly good enough.Kubiak, who said his health scare in 2013 taught him to rely more on those around him, didnt flinch.Thats what I want to be a part of, Kubiak said, noting he thrived in that environment of high expectations as a player from 1983-91 and then serving on Mike Shanahans staff from 1995-2005, coaching the Texans from 2006-13 and assisting the Ravens last year.If youre working in this business, thats the opportunity you want, to win a championship. You want to be around people where thats the way they go about business, Kubiak said. So, I see that as a plus and thats something that I welcome and I look forward to.So, Kubiak, 53, is once again Elways No. 2.Believe me, he is the boss, Kubiak said. Thats all right. I want to coach.When it comes to football philosophies, Elway and Kubiak are kindred spirits, though.JJohns the most competitive human being Ive ever been around, whether youre playing cards or pingpong, it doesnt matter, Kubiak said.dddddddddddd I think Im very competitive, too. Thats probably why were still standing in this league because if youre not, youre not going to hang out for very long.I know what Gary Kubiak is about, Elway said. Ive had the pleasure of knowing him for 30 years, had a chance to play with him and play for him. I know his philosophies and I know what he can do. I know his goals are the same as mine and thats to win — and to win world championships.Thats something the Broncos havent done since Elway was QB and Kubiak was his offensive co-ordinator in 1998, when Denver won its second straight Super Bowl title.The big question now is will Kubiak be calling plays in 2015 for Peyton Manning or Brock Osweiler?Manning is mulling retirement after a difficult stretch run marred by a thigh injury and a dismal playoff performance.Kubiaks offensive philosophies are rooted in Bill Walshs West Coast system featuring the zone-blocking schemes that the Broncos fine-tuned in the 1990s and 2000s. But he said hes also one to adapt to his players strengths.Kubiak, who was unsuccessful in his attempt to talk Elway into putting off retirement in 1999, said hes spoken with Manning and plans to meet with him when things slow down. He said he would welcome back the five-time MVP, who turns 39 in March, and would mesh his offensive ideas with Mannings style.The offence Peyton runs, hes tremendous at it, back there in the gun controlling the game, controlling the line of scrimmage. Nobody has ever done it better and hes the master at it, Kubiak said. Actually, Im looking forward to learning that style and that system that he has.Were going to do what our team does best and what our players do best, and if Peyton Mannings playing, thats what he does best.Notes: Kubiak hired Joe DeCamillis as special teams co-ordinator. Coaches expected to stay on staff are: Tyke Tolbert (receivers), Eric Studesville (running backs), Luke Richesson (strength & conditioning) and Clancy Barone (from tight ends to O-line). Kubiak is expected to bring Rick Dennison (offensive co-ordinator) and Brian Pariani (tight ends) with him from Baltimore.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

TORONTO -- D.C. United has transferred Canadian international defender Dejan Jakovic to Japans Shumizu S-Pulse. Jakovic, who signed with United in February 2009 from Serbias Red Star Belgrade, made 94 starts and played in 98 games with one goal in five MLS seasons. "We would like to thank Dejan for his contributions to our club, and for all that he did on and off the field during his time at D.C. United," D.C. GM Dave Kasper said in a statement Tuesday. The 28-year-old Jakovic made US$303,340 last season, third highest on the United payroll. The team is remaking its roster after posting a league-worst 3-24-7 record last season. United traded for veteran Philadelphia defender Jeff Parke on Tuesday and previously signed defenders Nana Attakora, a Canadian international, and Jalen Robinson, a U.S. under-20 international. "In Jeff, we have acquired a starting veteran centre back who instantly upgrades our backline," Kasper said. "Jeff has over 200 starts in MLS, and at 31, has many years to contribute to our team at a high level." Born in Croatia, Jakovic moved to Canada with his family when he was six. He played in 18 games (17 starts) for D.C. United last season. "I want to thank (at)dcunited staff all the fans & players I have played with during my time here. Always a spot 4 u in my heart. .VamosUnited!!" he tweeted. PHILADELPHIA -- Never afraid to raise his fists, Dan Carcillo made his mark in the league as a puncher more than a post-season star. Carcillo was a little of both for New York in Game 3. Derek Stepan, Martin St. Louis, Dan Girardi and Carcillo scored goals, leading the Rangers to a 4-1 win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday night. Henrik Lundqvist stopped 31 shots to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven series. Game 4 is Friday in Philadelphia. Carcillo, a former Flyer, went eye to eye with a taunting fan after he scored an insurance goal in the third period. He had 100 penalty minutes and only four goals in the regular season -- and wanted to prove he could do more than camp out in the penalty box. "When you get pigeonholed into a role, its hard to change peoples minds in this league," he said. "When you get in and you get an opportunity like this, youve got to make the most of it." Lundqvist was backed by a defence that blocked 28 shots to stymie the Flyers. The Rangers took an early 2-0 lead and that was enough of a cushion for a team that led the Eastern Conference with 25 road victories. "You need to be strong in the middle," Lundqvist said. "It was part of our defence tonight. Thats why we played so well. We got involved all over the ice." Mark Streit scored for the Flyers. Ray Emery struggled in net in his third straight start of the post-season for Steve Mason, and was lifted late in the third period. While all signs point to Mason for Game 4, coach Craig Berube said he has not made a decision. "Ill be ready to go," Mason said. Mason hadnt played since he suffered an upper-body injury in a collision on April 12. He got in this game with 7:15 left and the Flyers down 4-1. Berube said Mason was healthy but went with Emery because of his strong first two games. Emery had 31 saves in a Game 2 win. "Ray just came off a big win. Its not a difficult decision," Berube said. After a rough outing, it seemed liked the wrong one -- right from the start. Rick Nashs shot wide of the net deflected off the bottom of Emerys glove, and Stepan shovelled the puck in for a 1-0 lead only 3:54 into the game. St. Louis made it 2-0 midway through the period with a sharp deflection off Girardis shot from the blue line.dddddddddddd The Rangers had two goals on eight shots. Emery settled down and the Flyers finally generated some offensive pressure, even as leading scorer Claude Giroux failed to get going. Giroux, third in the NHL with 86 points, had not shots on goal in the first two games and didnt get one in the first period. He did rush the net late in the first, creating space for Streit to score over Lundqvists stick on a 4-on-4 chance. Giroux finally attempted a shot about 6 1/2 minutes into the second period and the Flyers down 3-1. The captain clearly needs to start scoring for the Flyers to win the series. Hes not alone. "We have to get the pucks through, even move it sideways," Flyers defenceman Kimmo Timonen said. "We have to watch tape and find a way to get them through. We have to find a way to move it around quicker." Girardi fired a clean slapper high from the point over Emerys left shoulder for that 3-1 lead early in the second. Down two goals, Jakub Voracek took out some pent-up frustration on Carl Hagelin with a flurry of punches that sent both players to the penalty box and sent the crowd into a frenzy. Carcillo went after Giroux in the scrum, giving the Flyers the added bonus of a power play. But the Rangers blocked two shots on the power play. The Rangers closed off the shooting lanes with 20 blocked shots through the first two periods. Lundqvist took care of the rest. "Its just a matter if the D is getting involved in the play, and it doesnt matter if its me or anyone else," Girardi said. Carcillo sealed the win with a goal soon after he left the penalty box in the third. Notes: St. Louis had one goal in 19 regular-season games for the Rangers. He has two in the first three playoff games. ... Flyers defencemen have three goals in three games. ... NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman attended. He said the league was close to announcing the teams in next seasons Winter Classic and the league would not stage six outdoor games. He also said Islanders owner Charles Wang has received "a number of expressions of interest" in buying the Brooklyn-bound team. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - After more than 23 1/2 hours of racing, Jordan Taylor figured he was in prime position for a victory in the Rolex 24 at Daytona.Then his team made a major miscalculation.Wayne Taylor Racing erred when it put Taylor back in the car at 12:17 p.m. Sunday. Between Taylors previous driving stint — 2 hours, 35 minutes — and the amount time left in the race (1 hour, 53 minutes), he would have exceeded series rules that prevent drivers from being behind the wheel for more than four hours over a six-hour span.It was a costly mistake.Instead of having a chance to pass leader and eventual champion Scott Dixon on a restart, the team had to swap drivers with 11 minutes to go in the twice-around-the-clock endurance race. Older brother Ricky Taylor replaced Jordan, and since the switch happened under caution and with pit road closed, it prompted a pass-through penalty that dropped the No. 10 Chevrolet way behind Dixon.It also led to a third consecutive oh-so-close finish at Daytona.Having that last restart opportunity was like a golden ticket, Jordan Taylor said. And we havent had that the past three years.The Wayne Taylor Racing team finished third for its third straight podium finish, but still shy of the elusive top spot. The team finished second the previous two years.It was just a small miscalculation, an unfortunate one because we were right where we kind of wanted to be, second place on the restart, Jordan Taylor said. I think we had a stronger car on restarts on cold tires, so it was a perfect opportunity to make something happen.Making matters worse, the team was in position to win after overcoming a major mechanical issue. The cars electrical system failed all weekend, and the engine was cutting out in the opening leg of the race.But the same engineers who couldnt fix it in practice or qualifying found a solution during the first pit stop.We were having all sorts of electrical issues, and I thought, You know, we might not finish, Ricky Taylor said. But the guys did an incredible job ... and they finally nailed it on the first stop of the race and gave us an absolutely incredible car.Its just a shame that after all that effort we werent able to produce a result for them.Jordan Taylor looked as if he would bring it home with about 20 minutes to go.He was on new tires, and like so many times before in the previous 23 hours, he thought he would be able to get by one of the Chip Ganassi Racing cars.Then he got the call over the radio — and it changed everything.Obviously, when youre about to restart with 10 minutes to go, youre not expecting to get out of the car, Jordan Taylor said. I figured I kind of had an idea about what it could have been. Theres no other reason for that to happen.Ganassi sympathized with the Taylors after winning his sixth Rolex 24 in 12 tries.They were right there, Ganassi said. They were doing everything it took to win. ... It was unfortunate they had to make a driver change. Obviously, that team knows how to win races and they know how to win this race and they know how to win championships and theyre a good measure for any team in automobile racing. Paul George Jersey . 17.A string of English Premier League teams, most in the lower end of the standings, has been linked to the 32-year-old forward but most have seemingly balked at the cost given his wages and transfer fee. Wholesale Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys . Dirk Nowitzki scored 25 points, Shawn Marion had 22 and the Mavericks beat undermanned Philadelphia 124-112 Friday night, handing the 76ers their 10th straight loss. http://www.cheapclippersjerseys.com/. Jacobs scored two in the first end, but Jahr briefly took charge with two in the second end and two more in the third. Jacobs, from Sault. Marie, Ont., gave Canada some breathing room, following his big fourth end by adding two more points in the fifth to go up 7-4. Ivica Zubac Jersey .com) - Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki was named the National League Player of the Month for April. Mfiondu Kabengele Jersey . General manager David Poile called signing Ribeiro a great opportunity to add a talented, experienced and creative centre Tuesday when he introduced the veteran at a news conference. Ribeiros contract is worth $1.05 million after being bought out of the final three years of a $22 million contract by the Coyotes recently. SEATTLE -- Corey Hart saw everyone around him contributing something to the Seattle Mariners strong start. After a lacklustre spring and sluggish first week, he desperately wanted to be a part of it. His response: a three-run homer and a solo shot that sent the Mariners to a 5-3 victory over the Los Angeles Angels in their home opener Tuesday night. "So many guys on this team have been chipping in and I havent been one of them," Hart said. "It was nice to find contact tonight and be able to help out. I was getting kind of tired watching everyone else help out." Seattle became the final major league team to open at home and improved to 4-0 this season against the Angels, who got consecutive home runs from Albert Pujols and David Freese in the first inning. After fans at Safeco Field gave Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll and other members of the Super Bowl champion Seahawks a raucous ovation, the Mariners gave the sold-out crowd some winning baseball to cheer for. "Im not a hoopla person. Id rather just go about my business," Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon said. "But it was a good night in a lot of respects. I thought it was a good night for our fans on a lot of different avenues. I was very pleased with how our guys responded." Seattle scored four times with two outs in the third inning, capped by Harts three-run homer off starter Hector Santiago (0-2). Hart added his solo drive in the seventh. Robinson Canos home debut in Seattle was mostly uneventful. Cano went 0 for 3 and scored a run, getting a massive ovation when he was introduced before the game that was topped only by Felix Hernandezs reception. Hart, another off-season acquisition, made plenty of noise. Hart had the 15th multihomer game of his career and first since Sept. 29, 2012, before knee surgery sidelined him for the 2013 season with Milwaukee. Seattles rally in the third started when Santiago struck out Brad Miller but the ball bounced away from catcher Chris Iannetta. Miller reached first and Santiago pitched around Cano, walking him on four pitches. Justin Smoak lined a two-strike single to score Miller, and Hart made Santtiago pay for missing with an 0-2 pitch.dddddddddddd It was the third time in his career Hart has homered on an 0-2 pitch. His homer in the seventh was a line drive to centre off reliever Fernando Salas. Seattle starter James Paxton (2-0) gave up two first-inning homers, then retired 14 straight. He left in the sixth inning after straining a muscle on the left side of his back. Paxton did not believe his injury was serious, but is taking the precaution of having an MRI on Wednesday. He initially felt a twinge in the fifth inning, but returned in the sixth. If he is sidelined, Paxton would join Hisashi Iwakuma and Taijuan Walker as expected starters in the Mariners rotation dealing with early injuries. "I just want to be careful right now," Paxton said. "They say my strength is still good. I just want to get it checked out." Paxton was amped up early and it cost him when he gave up a two-run homer to Pujols and a solo shot to Freese. But Paxton quickly settled down and kept the Angels silent from there. Kole Calhouns single leading off the sixth was the Angels only hit after the first inning. "Early on we had some strong looks at Paxton but he settled down and pitched a strong game," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. Yoervis Medina replaced Paxton and got out of the sixth. Danny Farquhar and Tom Wilhelmsen worked the seventh and eighth, and Fernando Rodney earned his second save despite walking his first two batters in the ninth. "He was probably a little ticked at himself and turned it up a little bit," McClendon said. NOTES: Pujols became the 52nd player to reach 1,500 RBIs. ... Iwakuma is expected to throw his first bullpen session Wednesday as he recovers from a finger injury. ... LHP Roenis Elias will make his first start in Seattle for the Mariners on Wednesday against Garrett Richards. Elias threw five strong innings in his debut last week. "Its going to be a little bit different being at home," he said through a translator. "Felix already talked to me and told me to be aggressive and stay ahead with my pitches and leave it out there." Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Kansas City Royals are hoping All-Star catcher Salvador Perez will be back in a few days. Perez left Monday nights 7-6 loss to the Chicago White Sox with a swollen right thumb. X-rays were negative. He could be back in time to avoid a stint on the disabled list. With Perez sidelined by the injury, the Royals recalled catcher Francisco Pena from Triple-A Omaha on Tuesday. The 24-year-old Pena is the son of New York Yankees bench coach Tony Pena, also a former Royals manager. Francisco Pena, who hit nine home runs in his past 23 games with Omaha, will be making his major league debut if he plays for Kansas City The Royals also optioned infielder Johnny Giavotella to Omaha. Tom Glavine Braves Jersey . Signs of a turnaround have emerged in this series at Minnesota. Brian Roberts had three doubles and a triple for the first four-extra-base-hit game of his 14-year career, and the Yankees used their bullpen to preserve a 6-5 win over the Twins on Friday. Sean Newcomb Jersey . He, the 25-year-old Toronto backup net-minder and Manitoba native, would be making just his fourth start in the past 16 games against the Jets the following evening. It was the word of opportunity for Reimer, who has fallen into the role of backup, outmatched in recent weeks by Jonathan Bernier, his Quebec counterpart. http://www.baseballbravesproshop.com/ty ... es-jersey/. Espanyol midfielder Sanchez intercepted Bilbao goalkeeper Gorka Iraizozs clearance and, having spotted a gap, risked using his less-favoured left foot to fire a beautifully precise long-range shot that bounced in from high up the near post in the 24th minute. Dansby Swanson Braves Jersey . They have watched it from afar. And now they have seen it for themselves. Greg Maddux Jersey . The victory strengthened Liverpools position in the top four after Tottenham lost 1-0 at Norwich in the days late kickoff, cutting the north London club six points adrift of fourth place and the final Champions League slot for next season.Jackson, MI (SportsNetwork.com) - John Rollins carded a 4-under 68 in the third round Saturday and he moved two strokes clear of the field at the Sanderson Farms Championship. Rollins finished 54 holes at 14-under-par 202. He will go for his fourth PGA Tour title on Sunday. William McGirt fired a 6-under 66 and he matched the low round of the day. McGirt is alone in second place at minus-12. Jason Bohn (666) and former U.ddddddddddddS. Open champion Lucas Glover (67) are tied for third place at 11-under-par 205. David Toms, who shared the second-round lead with Rollins, managed an even-par 72 at the Country Club of Jackson. He was joined in fifth place at minus-10 by Nick Taylor (70). McGladrey Classic winner Robert Streb (70) stands alone in seventh at 9-under- par 207. MORE TO FOLLOW. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

CLEVELAND - For months, the Browns have analyzed college quarterbacks as if they were looking to buy a new house. Theyve inspected each thoroughly, measured them, timed them, interviewed them, checked and double-checked their backgrounds to find out if one can lift them from NFL irrelevance. Its time to draft. Unable to resolve their biggest need since their expansion return 15 years ago, the Browns are expected to use one of their two first-round picks Thursday night on a quarterback. Will it be Johnny Manziel, the dynamic mystery man in this years draft, at No. 4? Or will they wait until No. 26 and grab one of the QBs likely to slide such as Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater. Or get a second-tier QB like Aaron Murray or A.J. McCarron? Will they trade up, move down, punt? Cleveland fans have been counting down the days until this draft, their hysteria stoked by the movie "Draft Day," a fictionalized account of the Browns manoeuvring to land the No. 1 overall pick. Its unlikely that life will imitate art, but the Browns seem prepared to get a quarterback — either to back up Brian Hoyer or supplant him — and first-year coach Mike Pettine is confident the team has done its homework. "I got to spend time with all of them, a good amount of time," Pettine said last week. "We talk about the it factor a lot with quarterbacks, just that type of personality, those traits that you want to have in your quarterback: a guy that is confident, assertive and poised, that can handle teammates when they need to be handled at things going on in the offensive huddle." With 10 picks, including six of the first 106, the Browns should be able to add talent and depth. Pettine understands they must choose wisely. "Its absolutely critical that we have a solid draft," he said. "We dont need to hit a grand slam." Here are five things to keep in mind when the Browns are on the clock: JOHNNY B. GOOD OR BAD?: Like everyone, the Browns have debated whether Manziels a franchise saviour or bust. Hope or hype? Hes intriguing, for sure, but Cleveland, which hasnt drafted a QB higher than No. 22 since Tim Couch went first in 1999, cant afford to be wrong. Manziel will likely be available at No. 4. But if they covet him, the Browns might be able to pass on him there and, using the No. 26 pick they got in a trade with Indianapolis, move back up and snag Johnny Football. MACK ATTACK: Pettines roots are in defence, and after Jadeveon Clowney, Buffalo linebacker Khalil Mack is considered the best defensive prospect. The 6-foot-2, 251-pounder has the speed and strength to play in any system. Pettine likes him, as does Browns general manager Ray Farmer. "He can rush the passer. He can play in coverage. He can do a little bit of everything," Farmer said. "This guy looks like the real deal." SLAMMIN SAMMY: A game-breaker at Clemson, wide receiver Sammy Watkins is the complete package. The possibility of pairing him alongside Browns Pro Bowl wide receiver Josh Gordon should be enough to keep defensive co-ordinators up at night. Watkins can catch the ball over the middle or stretch a secondary over the top. Watkins would also be a safety net in the event Gordon, who has been suspended for substance abuse, has an off-the-field slipup. UNDER PRESSURE: Farmers first draft is arguably Clevelands most important in decades. He was promoted in February when owner Jimmy Haslam fired president Joe Banner and GM Michael Lombardi. Now, Farmer has a chance to upgrade Clevelands roster and make a favourable impression on his boss, who has promised not to be intrusive. "He hired me to do a job, and hes going to allow me to do it," Farmer said. HAPPY ENDING: After so much disappointment and another coaching change — Pettine is Clevelands third coach in three years — the Browns can energize their fan base with a successful draft. As long as they dont reach, they should get a quality player capable of making an immediate impact at No. 4. Farmer knows this draft is vital to Clevelands success. "Its really the lifeblood of every organization," he said. C.J. Mosley Jets Jersey . -- Wichita State is all alone in the record book. Quinnen Williams Jersey . Its the second straight year he has decided not to play as he cuts back his schedule. Stricker was replaced in the field by Ryo Ishikawa of Japan. http://www.jetsrookiestore.com/Jets-Sam-Darnold-Jersey/. Vonn had another scary moment at Saturdays World Cup downhill in Val dIsere, ending up clutching her knee in pain after losing her balance and missing a gate. But she gave a reassuring answer shortly afterward, saying no new damage had been done to the surgically repaired knee, and that her plans for the Sochi Olympics were still intact. LaDainian Tomlinson Youth Jersey . -- Detroit Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera has a broken bone below his right eye after being struck by a bad-hop grounder, sidelining the star slugger for at least a week with opening day on deck. Wesley Walker Jersey . In question is whether 26-year-old Matt Frattin will be on it. A a€?mediocrea€? training camp, as Carlyle put it earlier this week, has Frattin lingering nervously on the bubble at the end of the exhibition season, pushed out of a likely job by Brandon Kozun, the small, but feisty winger determined to make the NHL for the first time.If you want to look at the cold hard facts, the Kansas City Royals are now the only team in the Majors with a longer post-season drought than the Blue Jays. The Royals, who shrunk over the years from model franchise to annual also-rans, havent made it to the playoffs since 1985, the year they beat the Blue Jays in the American League Championship series en route to winning their one and only World Series title under the late Dick Howser. The past few years though, theyve developed a wealth of young home-grown talent, including catcher Salvador Perez, outfielders Alex Gordon and Lorenzo Cain, third baseman Mike Moustakas, shortstop Alcides Escobar and DH Billy Butler, not to mention outfielder Wil Meyers, who was dealt to Tampa Bay for pitchers James Shields and Wade Davis last year. The Royals are continuing their playoff push this off-season. They signed GM Dayton Moore to a two-year extension and then veteran lefty Jason Vargas to a four-year deal and this week, they traded for a needed lead-off hitter, getting Norichika Aoki from Milwaukee to play right field. The next move may be their boldest yet if they can bring back outfielder Carlos Beltran on a three-year deal. The bottom line is, even if they dont win the Central, theyd have to be a favourite for one of the two Wild Card slots, making it even more difficult for the Blue Jays to make it into the post-season. The Jays have been fairly quiet so far, non-tendering catcher J.P. Arencibia, signing catcher Dioner Navarro and then trading reliever Brad Lincoln to the Phillies for catcher Eric Kratz and lefty reliever Rob Rasmussen. Not exactly earth-shattering moves. GM Alex Anthopoulos is already dampening expectations for next weeks Winter Meetings at Orlando a bit by telling the Toronto chapter of the BBWAA that he doesnt eexpect to add any more than one starting pitcher from outside the organization in the off-season, when most believe they need two.dddddddddddd I trust Alex still has a few tricks up his sleeve, but if the Jays arent aggressive enough, they could find themselves with the longest post-season drought of all at 21 years and counting after the coming season. Lone Ranger? From all reports coming out of Texas, it sounds as though Arencibia is going to wind up in Texas as the back-up catcher to Geovany Soto and maybe a part-time DH. The Texas ballpark is made to order for J.P.s power stroke, and heres hoping he can rediscover or rebuild the rest of his game. Hes too good a person to flame-out in this game so soon. On The Move? Dont rule out the possibility of the Blue Jays dealing Adam Lind next week. Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay both want free agent first baseman James Loney. But the team that doesnt get him might come a-calling about Lind. Names From the Past A few more ex-Jays in the news this week include former 2B Kelly Johnson, who is reportedly close to signing a one-year deal with the Yankees in a utility role. Eric Hinske, who won the Rookie of the Year Award as the Blue Jays third baseman in 2002, retired to become the Chicago Cubs first base coach. Finally Dave Winfield, one of the Jays World Series heroes of 1992, left his front office post with San Diego to become special advisor to Tony Clark, the new Executive Director of the Players Association. Winfield and Clark are two of the most impressive and imposing men Ive ever met, both charismatic and intelligent and just dominant in size when they enter a room with Winfield at 66" and Clark at 68". The Players Association is in good hands after the tragic passing of Michael Weiner at 51 after a long battle with brain cancer. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

CLEVELAND - For months, the Browns have analyzed college quarterbacks as if they were looking to buy a new house. Theyve inspected each thoroughly, measured them, timed them, interviewed them, checked and double-checked their backgrounds to find out if one can lift them from NFL irrelevance. Its time to draft. Unable to resolve their biggest need since their expansion return 15 years ago, the Browns are expected to use one of their two first-round picks Thursday night on a quarterback. Will it be Johnny Manziel, the dynamic mystery man in this years draft, at No. 4? Or will they wait until No. 26 and grab one of the QBs likely to slide such as Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater. Or get a second-tier QB like Aaron Murray or A.J. McCarron? Will they trade up, move down, punt? Cleveland fans have been counting down the days until this draft, their hysteria stoked by the movie "Draft Day," a fictionalized account of the Browns manoeuvring to land the No. 1 overall pick. Its unlikely that life will imitate art, but the Browns seem prepared to get a quarterback — either to back up Brian Hoyer or supplant him — and first-year coach Mike Pettine is confident the team has done its homework. "I got to spend time with all of them, a good amount of time," Pettine said last week. "We talk about the it factor a lot with quarterbacks, just that type of personality, those traits that you want to have in your quarterback: a guy that is confident, assertive and poised, that can handle teammates when they need to be handled at things going on in the offensive huddle." With 10 picks, including six of the first 106, the Browns should be able to add talent and depth. Pettine understands they must choose wisely. "Its absolutely critical that we have a solid draft," he said. "We dont need to hit a grand slam." Here are five things to keep in mind when the Browns are on the clock: JOHNNY B. GOOD OR BAD?: Like everyone, the Browns have debated whether Manziels a franchise saviour or bust. Hope or hype? Hes intriguing, for sure, but Cleveland, which hasnt drafted a QB higher than No. 22 since Tim Couch went first in 1999, cant afford to be wrong. Manziel will likely be available at No. 4. But if they covet him, the Browns might be able to pass on him there and, using the No. 26 pick they got in a trade with Indianapolis, move back up and snag Johnny Football. MACK ATTACK: Pettines roots are in defence, and after Jadeveon Clowney, Buffalo linebacker Khalil Mack is considered the best defensive prospect. The 6-foot-2, 251-pounder has the speed and strength to play in any system. Pettine likes him, as does Browns general manager Ray Farmer. "He can rush the passer. He can play in coverage. He can do a little bit of everything," Farmer said. "This guy looks like the real deal." SLAMMIN SAMMY: A game-breaker at Clemson, wide receiver Sammy Watkins is the complete package. The possibility of pairing him alongside Browns Pro Bowl wide receiver Josh Gordon should be enough to keep defensive co-ordinators up at night. Watkins can catch the ball over the middle or stretch a secondary over the top. Watkins would also be a safety net in the event Gordon, who has been suspended for substance abuse, has an off-the-field slipup. UNDER PRESSURE: Farmers first draft is arguably Clevelands most important in decades. He was promoted in February when owner Jimmy Haslam fired president Joe Banner and GM Michael Lombardi. Now, Farmer has a chance to upgrade Clevelands roster and make a favourable impression on his boss, who has promised not to be intrusive. "He hired me to do a job, and hes going to allow me to do it," Farmer said. HAPPY ENDING: After so much disappointment and another coaching change — Pettine is Clevelands third coach in three years — the Browns can energize their fan base with a successful draft. As long as they dont reach, they should get a quality player capable of making an immediate impact at No. 4. Farmer knows this draft is vital to Clevelands success. "Its really the lifeblood of every organization," he said. C.J. Mosley Jets Jersey . -- Wichita State is all alone in the record book. Quinnen Williams Jersey . Its the second straight year he has decided not to play as he cuts back his schedule. Stricker was replaced in the field by Ryo Ishikawa of Japan. http://www.jetsrookiestore.com/Jets-Sam-Darnold-Jersey/. Vonn had another scary moment at Saturdays World Cup downhill in Val dIsere, ending up clutching her knee in pain after losing her balance and missing a gate. But she gave a reassuring answer shortly afterward, saying no new damage had been done to the surgically repaired knee, and that her plans for the Sochi Olympics were still intact. LaDainian Tomlinson Youth Jersey . -- Detroit Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera has a broken bone below his right eye after being struck by a bad-hop grounder, sidelining the star slugger for at least a week with opening day on deck. Wesley Walker Jersey . In question is whether 26-year-old Matt Frattin will be on it. A a€?mediocrea€? training camp, as Carlyle put it earlier this week, has Frattin lingering nervously on the bubble at the end of the exhibition season, pushed out of a likely job by Brandon Kozun, the small, but feisty winger determined to make the NHL for the first time.If you want to look at the cold hard facts, the Kansas City Royals are now the only team in the Majors with a longer post-season drought than the Blue Jays. The Royals, who shrunk over the years from model franchise to annual also-rans, havent made it to the playoffs since 1985, the year they beat the Blue Jays in the American League Championship series en route to winning their one and only World Series title under the late Dick Howser. The past few years though, theyve developed a wealth of young home-grown talent, including catcher Salvador Perez, outfielders Alex Gordon and Lorenzo Cain, third baseman Mike Moustakas, shortstop Alcides Escobar and DH Billy Butler, not to mention outfielder Wil Meyers, who was dealt to Tampa Bay for pitchers James Shields and Wade Davis last year. The Royals are continuing their playoff push this off-season. They signed GM Dayton Moore to a two-year extension and then veteran lefty Jason Vargas to a four-year deal and this week, they traded for a needed lead-off hitter, getting Norichika Aoki from Milwaukee to play right field. The next move may be their boldest yet if they can bring back outfielder Carlos Beltran on a three-year deal. The bottom line is, even if they dont win the Central, theyd have to be a favourite for one of the two Wild Card slots, making it even more difficult for the Blue Jays to make it into the post-season. The Jays have been fairly quiet so far, non-tendering catcher J.P. Arencibia, signing catcher Dioner Navarro and then trading reliever Brad Lincoln to the Phillies for catcher Eric Kratz and lefty reliever Rob Rasmussen. Not exactly earth-shattering moves. GM Alex Anthopoulos is already dampening expectations for next weeks Winter Meetings at Orlando a bit by telling the Toronto chapter of the BBWAA that he doesnt eexpect to add any more than one starting pitcher from outside the organization in the off-season, when most believe they need two.dddddddddddd I trust Alex still has a few tricks up his sleeve, but if the Jays arent aggressive enough, they could find themselves with the longest post-season drought of all at 21 years and counting after the coming season. Lone Ranger? From all reports coming out of Texas, it sounds as though Arencibia is going to wind up in Texas as the back-up catcher to Geovany Soto and maybe a part-time DH. The Texas ballpark is made to order for J.P.s power stroke, and heres hoping he can rediscover or rebuild the rest of his game. Hes too good a person to flame-out in this game so soon. On The Move? Dont rule out the possibility of the Blue Jays dealing Adam Lind next week. Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay both want free agent first baseman James Loney. But the team that doesnt get him might come a-calling about Lind. Names From the Past A few more ex-Jays in the news this week include former 2B Kelly Johnson, who is reportedly close to signing a one-year deal with the Yankees in a utility role. Eric Hinske, who won the Rookie of the Year Award as the Blue Jays third baseman in 2002, retired to become the Chicago Cubs first base coach. Finally Dave Winfield, one of the Jays World Series heroes of 1992, left his front office post with San Diego to become special advisor to Tony Clark, the new Executive Director of the Players Association. Winfield and Clark are two of the most impressive and imposing men Ive ever met, both charismatic and intelligent and just dominant in size when they enter a room with Winfield at 66" and Clark at 68". The Players Association is in good hands after the tragic passing of Michael Weiner at 51 after a long battle with brain cancer. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Blues centre T.J. Oshie knew exactly what to do with the puck that completed his first three-goal game in the NHL. That souvenir now belongs to his 10-day old daughter, Lyla Grace, who was born on March 17. "Its definitely going to her," he said. Oshies hat trick and a 27-save performance by Ryan Miller led the Blues to a 5-1 rout over the Minnesota Wild on Thursday night. St. Louis has won three in a row overall and nine straight against the Wild. The Blues lead the NHL with 107 points. Jaden Schwartz and Brenden Morrow also scored for St. Louis, which has points in its last 10 home games. Miller improved to 9-2-1 since being acquired from Buffalo on Feb. 28. He has a 2.03 goals against average and a .918 save percentage with the Blues. Zach Parise scored for the Wild, who had earned points in their previous three road games but have lost six of eight overall. Darcy Kuemper made 19 saves but fell to 12-8-4. He has won just twice in nine starts. Oshie, who has a career-high 21 goals, scored twice in the first period -- including a short-handed goal with 26 seconds left that made it 2-0. He converted from the slot at 4:43 and then beat Kuemper on a breakaway for the Blues fifth short-handed goal of the season. Oshie tipped in a shot from Jay Bouwmeester at 7:18 of the third period to complete the hat trick. "This has been an exciting couple of months for me," said Oshie, who played for the United States in the Olympics, "but she trumps everything for me." The modest Oshie refused to take credit for his big night. "The pucks just happened to go off my stick," he said. But linemates David Backes and Alexander Steen were happy to heap praise on Oshie. "Hes been a horse for us all year," Backes said. "He strung a couple of great shots together and a tip on the last one. "I couldnt be happier for him." The Blues posted a hat trick for the second straight game as Backes scored three times in a 5-3 win at Toronto on Tuesday. That was the first time St. Louis recorded back-to-back three-goal games since Dec. 20-23, 2000, when Pavol Demitra and Michal Handzus accomplished the feat. The Blues lead the Western Conference and are battling Boston for the Presidents Trophy for the top mark in the NHL. They are one point ahead of the Bruins with nine games remaining for both teams. "We wanted to make a statement to the league that we deserve to be where were at," Oshie said. "We want that target on our backs." St. Louis coach Ken Hitchcock believes his club is peaking at the right time. "Were not going to be overwhelmed because were the favourites in a playoff series," he said. "Were going to embrace it." Even Minnesota coach Mike Yeo was impressed with the Blues. "Theyve got a great team" he said. "They smelled blood and they went after it. "This was a team loss." Miller made nine saves in the first 6:07 before coasting to the win. "We got settled into our 5-on-5 game and really limited the puck possession by the other team," he said. "This was a big step forward." Schwartz netted his 23rd goal of the season on a power play midway through the second period to make it 3-0. The Wild lost for the second time in two nights after dropping a 5-3 decision to Vancouver on Wednesday. "I dont think anyone can really be happy," Kuemper said. "Weve got to turn this thing around." St. Louis has killed 23 straight power plays against Minnesota over six games. NOTES: Steve Cash and Josh Pauls, members of the USAs gold-medal winning Paralympic hockey team, were honoured before the game. ... Minnesota began a four-game trip that also has stops at Phoenix, Los Angeles and Chicago. ... The Blues are shooting for their first Presidents Trophy since the 1999-2000 season. ... Minnesota LW Dany Heatley has gone a season-high 13 games without a goal. ... Wild RW Jason Pominville led all players with seven shots on goal. Cheap China Jerseys . Jackson Houck added a goal and two assists for the Giants (28-23-10), who halted a five-game slide, while Tyler Morrison, Mason Geertsen and Dominik Volek each scored once. Matt Bellerive scored both goals for the Blazers (12-43-5), who are 1-9-0 in their last 10 outings. Cheap Jerseys USA . That assertion is getting harder and harder to make, especially given the way 23-year-old Danilo Gallinari has been playing this season. http://www.wholesalechinajerseysforcheap.com/. The Calgary Stampeders running back received the West Division nomination for the CFLs top individual award Thursday in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada and leagues eight head coaches. Wholesale Authentic NBA Jerseys . "Last year didnt go the way we wanted it to, but we need to look at what went well and what didnt go so well. Hopefully this year we will be better," Brendan Gallagher said after practice. This year, the Canadiens have a little more depth to work with by adding players like Daniel Briere, Dale Weise, Mike Weaver, Douglas Murray and arguably, the biggest addition to this playoff roster, Thomas Vanek, who the Canadiens were able to land at the trade deadline. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . All of 46 seconds into the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 victory over Alex Ovechkins struggling Washington Capitals, Crosby assisted on Chris Kunitzs goal.JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Jacksonville Jaguars have been awarded third-year fullback Bradie Ewing off waivers from Atlanta. A fifth-round draft pick in 2012, Ewing started two games in two years with the Falcons. He spent the entire 2012 season on injured reserve with a knee injury. He started the first two games last year before ending up on IR with a shoulder injury. He had two catches for 29 yards. The 55-foot-11, 243-pound fullback will compete for a roster spot with Will Taufoou, a third-year pro who beat out veteran Montell Owens last season.dddddddddddd Ewing was a four-year letterman at Wisconsin. He started 11 games with the Badgers, carrying the ball seven times for 33 yards and two touchdowns. He also caught 28 passes for 328 yards and two scores, and played on special teams. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

CLEVELAND - The Browns coaching search — or is it a scramble? — could be nearing a conclusion. Buffalo defensive co-ordinator Mike Pettine is the front-runner to become the teams seventh full-time coach and will reportedly have a third interview with the team on Thursday. Team officials interviewed Pettine on Tuesday night in Mobile, Ala., site of the Senior Bowl, and although the sides did not reach a deal during their four-hour meeting, enough progress was made to move forward. And as the focus narrowed on the 47-year-old Pettine, a "mystery" candidate emerged. The team reportedly interviewed former Tampa Bay coach Greg Schiano on Wednesday in Florida, but a person familiar with Clevelands coaching search told the Associated Press that Schiano will not be hired by the Browns. The person, speaking on condition of anonymity because the team is not commenting on the search, said there is "zero chance" of Schiano taking over in Cleveland. Earlier, Pettine, who spent one season with the Bills after four on Rex Ryans staff with the New York Jets, told Cleveland.com that he "should have some feedback on my interview by the end of the day." A person familiar with the Browns plans told the AP on Tuesday night that the team intended to interview an unknown candidate on Wednesday. The club, too, was expected to meet with Atlanta offensive co-ordinator Dirk Koetter at some point. Pettine is the first candidate known to have a follow-up interview with Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, CEO Joe Banner, general manager Michael Lombardi and team president Alec Scheiner. Cleveland has met with at least nine known candidates. The team initially interviewed Pettine on Jan. 16, and following the interview, Pettines teenage daughter, Megan, tweeted that her dad was going to meet again with the team while taking a not-so-subtle shot at the Browns. "Its the browns," she posted on a Twitter account since deleted. "But hey, still pretty cool!" The Browns, who fired Rob Chudzinski on Dec. 29 following one season, are also expected to conduct a second interview with Seattle defensive co-ordinator Dan Quinn. He was the first candidate to meet with the team and the director of the NFLs top-rated defence could sit down with Clevelands front office before Sunday. Because the Seahawks are in the Super Bowl, league rules require the Browns to speak with any assistants in that game by Jan. 26. However, the Browns are not permitted to finalize a deal with any assistant coach participating in the Super Bowl until after the game, so Cleveland may have to wait until Feb. 3 if they want to hire Quinn. Its possible, though, the team could decide Pettine is their choice and can name him their coach at any time. Last week, Haslam, aware of the public appearance the Browns had no clear plan to find Chudzinskis replacement, sent a letter to fans last week explaining the teams "methodical" approach to finding its next coach. Despite Haslams reasoning, it appears the Browns have had to adjust on the fly. The search is in its fourth week. Six other teams entered the off-season with coaching vacancies and all have been filled. Early favourites in Clevelands quest to replace Chudzinski dropped quickly. New England offensive co-ordinator Josh McDaniels, Ohio born with a connection to Lombardi, removed himself from consideration. Denver offensive co-ordinator Adam Gase — another perceived favourite — did the same, calling Haslam on Tuesday to say he was happy with the Broncos. Top college coaches such as Oklahomas Bob Stoops, Gus Malzahn and James Franklin emerged as possibilities and disappeared as rapidly as they arrived. Stoops is still with the Sooners, Malzahn stayed at Auburn and Franklin took the Penn State job. Bill OBrien, who was on Clevelands wish list last year, signed with Houston. There have even been rumours that former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel was on Clevelands radar. Since the start, Haslam has promised to "take as long as necessary" to find the right coach — his second in less than two years as owner — to lead the Browns. It appears hes finally closing in on one. Calvin Johnson Jersey . He never mentioned anything about his hitting. The 33-year-old right-hander had success with both Sunday, pitching six solid innings and helping the offence-starved Mets with an RBI single as New York salvaged a doubleheader split with a 4-2 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Will Harris Lions Jersey . -- Thirty years ago, the Detroit Pistons beat the Denver Nuggets 186-184 in triple overtime, a game that remains the highest scoring in NBA history. http://www.shopdetroitlionsnfl.com/lion ... -jersey/.Y. - DeMarre Carroll felt as though he couldnt miss in the second quarter as he outscored the Brooklyn Nets 14-13 all by himself. Barry Sanders Jersey . -- Los Angeles Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw was placed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday for the first time in his seven-year career because of a swollen muscle in his left upper back. Jahlani Tavai Jersey . The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then.Paris, France (SportsNetwork.com) - Andy Murray needed five sets and two days, but finally advanced to the fourth round at the French Open with a thrilling win over Germanys Philipp Kohlschreiber. Murray was locked in a 7-7 fifth set Saturday when darkness halted play. The seventh-seeded Scot then finished off a 3-6, 6-3, 6-3, 4-6, 12-10 triumph on Sunday. Also Sunday, Spains Fernando Verdasco completed a 6-3, 6-2, 6-3 win over 12th-seeded Frenchman Richard Gasquet. That match was stopped Saturday at 2-2 in the third set. Murray will next play Verdasco in the fourth round on Monday. The foourth round also began Sunday with sixth-seeded Tomas Berdych notching a 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 win over 10th-seeded American John Isner.dddddddddddd The Czech has now advanced to the quarterfinals for just the second time in 11 visits to Roland Garros, previously reaching the semifinals in 2010. Isner, meanwhile, was the last American male in the tournament. Also Sunday, 2009 champion Roger Federer is taking on Ernests Gulbis of Latvia and Novak Djokovic will later meet French crowd favorite Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Canadas Milos Raonic is also scheduled to face Spains Marcel Granollers. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. The Kentucky freshman made sure of that early and often. Young scored 26 points, including five 3-pointers, which helped No. 4 Kentucky put away the Mavericks 105-76 on Tuesday night. The Wildcats 6-foot-6 swingman made his first three from long range to jump-start an 8-of-14 shooting night and provide Kentuckys third different top scorer in three games. The career-best effort followed a meeting with coach John Calipari, video review and practice to change his mechanics from the fadeaway motion Young was developing back to squaring up. Everything worked. "I felt like I was back to my normal way of shooting, and I was getting more comfortable with shooting it," Young said. "We have a lot people who score, so if its somebodys night we just try to give him the ball as much as we can. I guess tonight was my night." Youngs hot shooting rubbed off on his talented fellow freshmen teammates. Julius Randle added 22 points with 10 rebounds, Andrew Harrison scored 15 and Marcus Lee 10 as Kentucky started an all-rookie lineup for the second consecutive game. Willie Cauley-Stein added 14 points and 10 rebounds as Kentucky (4-1) shot 35 of 69 (51 per cent) to win its inaugural matchup against UTA (2-3). The Wildcats also earned their second consecutive win since losing to Michigan State a week ago as the top-ranked team. Brandon Edwards 24 points led the Mavericks, who were outrebounded 46-34 including 29-13 in the second half. Leading just 42-33 at halftime, Kentuckys 13-5 run over 3:24 provided breathing room from UTA and the Wildcats steadily pulled away from there for their first 100-point game since beating LIU Brooklyn 104-75 last Nov. 23. Reger Dowell added 20 points for the Mavericks, who shot 26 of 63 (41percent). "The first half, I thought we did a great job to be able to outrebound them, it was definitely a positive for us," UTA coach Scott Cross said. "Of course, Kentucky responded well in the second half and absolutely mashed us on the boards." Calipari used his first-year players for longer stretches this time and the combinations were effective in wearing down the fast and stubborn Mavericks. While standing around certainly was out of the question against a UTA squad that always seemed a couple of 3-pointers away from mounting a run, Kentucky quickly seized the tempo right after the break and sustained that energy from then on. The Wildcats ended up with 18 assists and 28 second-chance points after tallying just nine in the first half. "My whole thing was an energy level where you had Edwards just going and smashing the boards and just taking the ball out of our hands," Calipari said. "Well, you just cant have that. In the second half, I thought we played with some emotion." Kentucky came in feeling pretty good after drubbing Robert Morris on Sunday night, where Aaron Harrison grabbed the spotlight away from Julius Randle with a career-high 28 points. His point total also marked a season best for the Wildcats and their crop of talented freshmen. Though everything remains a work in progress, the Wildcats took a step forward in that game with good perimeter shooting while dominating the Colonials in rebounding and in the post -- all of which pleased Calipari. Kentucky followed that up against the high-scoring Mavericks, who came in with a two-game winning streak and averaging nearly 89 points per game thanks to 34 per cent 3-point shooting. Despite falling behind 19-8 behind Youngs 13 points including 3-of-3 shooting from long range, UTA wasnt fazed by the deficit or Kentuckys numerous advantages in size and talent. The Mavericks managed a couple of baskets inside but stormed back into the contest with their strong perimeter game. UTA was 4 of 8 from beyond the arc in the first half thanks to Brandon Edwards, who sank a couple and scored 10 points during a 20-9 run over 6:24 to bring the Mavericks 28-25 late in the half. Kentucky answered with a 12-0 over 3:25 for its biggest lead at 40-25 but UTA closed the half with an 8-2 spurt to enter the break down just 42-33 and pleased with its rebounding edge. After that it was all Kentucky thanks to some chiding from Calipari to pick up the intensity. "He gets on everybody about it," Andrew Harrison said. "If hes saying it, hes not just saying it just to say it. Its true, and youre going to see it on film the next day, so you better not argue with him." Charles Haley Cowboys Jersey .com) - The New York Jets have named Mike Maccagnan their new general manager. Larry Allen Womens Jersey . Huntelaar also had a penalty saved by Wolfsburg goalkeeper Diego Benaglio. The two goals brought Huntelaars total for the season to 18, level with Bayern Munichs Mario Gomez for most in the league. http://www.cowboysfootballgearshop.com/ ... ersey/.com) - NFL owners have unanimously approved the sale of the Buffalo Bills. Demarcus Lawrence Womens Jersey . A lawmaker is hoping the buzz from California Chromes run for the Triple Crown might build support for a bill that would place the U. Michael Gallup Womens Jersey .Just like old times.Only this time, just one got to enjoy a victory.James return to Miami as an opponent was a success — for the Heat, that is. Wade scored 24 of his 31 points in the first half, Luol Deng had 25 points and dogged James defensively all night, and the Heat beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 101-91 in a hyped Christmas matchup Thursday.College Park, MD (SportsNetwork.com) - Jake Layman scored 17 points and No. 19 Maryland rallied in the second half for a 67-57 victory over USC Upstate on Saturday. Melo Trimble had 14 points and 12 rebounds while Evan Smotrycz added 10 points and six boards for the Terrapins (10-1), who have won their past three games. That was a really good team we played, said Maryland head coach Mark Turgeon. Their zone was tough, their offense was really good and they have really good players. They did not have any weak spots. Fred Miller gave 13 points, five boards and five assists and Ty Greene added 11 for the Spartans (8-3), who had a three-game winning streak broken. The Terrapins were trailing by four points to start the second half, and were down by seven when Jared Nickens hit a 3-pointer that kicked off a 12-2 run with Layman capping the burst on a layup for a 38-35 lead six minutes in. Another 11-2 run allowed Maryland to create some distance, as Damonte Dodds freee throws with just over nine minutes to play gave the team a 10-point lead.dddddddddddd The Spartans kept the game from getting out of hand and cut their deficit to just four when Miller made a 3-pointer just inside of two minutes remaining. Layman, though, countered with a 3-pointer and USC Upstate didnt make a bucket the rest of the way. I thought we did a lot of good things, but we had three or four possessions and made mistakes, said USC Upstate head coach Eddie Payne. You cannot make errors against a team like this, because they make you pay and Maryland did that. Maryland led for much of the first half, but a jumper from Greene started an 8-0 run by the Spartans that helped the team take a 28-24 lead into the locker room. Game Notes Maryland plays at Oklahoma State next Sunday ... This was the first meeting between these two teams ... Maryland shot 40 percent from the floor and outrebounded USC Upstate, 44-31. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. The Kentucky freshman made sure of that early and often. Young scored 26 points, including five 3-pointers, which helped No. 4 Kentucky put away the Mavericks 105-76 on Tuesday night. The Wildcats 6-foot-6 swingman made his first three from long range to jump-start an 8-of-14 shooting night and provide Kentuckys third different top scorer in three games. The career-best effort followed a meeting with coach John Calipari, video review and practice to change his mechanics from the fadeaway motion Young was developing back to squaring up. Everything worked. "I felt like I was back to my normal way of shooting, and I was getting more comfortable with shooting it," Young said. "We have a lot people who score, so if its somebodys night we just try to give him the ball as much as we can. I guess tonight was my night." Youngs hot shooting rubbed off on his talented fellow freshmen teammates. Julius Randle added 22 points with 10 rebounds, Andrew Harrison scored 15 and Marcus Lee 10 as Kentucky started an all-rookie lineup for the second consecutive game. Willie Cauley-Stein added 14 points and 10 rebounds as Kentucky (4-1) shot 35 of 69 (51 per cent) to win its inaugural matchup against UTA (2-3). The Wildcats also earned their second consecutive win since losing to Michigan State a week ago as the top-ranked team. Brandon Edwards 24 points led the Mavericks, who were outrebounded 46-34 including 29-13 in the second half. Leading just 42-33 at halftime, Kentuckys 13-5 run over 3:24 provided breathing room from UTA and the Wildcats steadily pulled away from there for their first 100-point game since beating LIU Brooklyn 104-75 last Nov. 23. Reger Dowell added 20 points for the Mavericks, who shot 26 of 63 (41percent). "The first half, I thought we did a great job to be able to outrebound them, it was definitely a positive for us," UTA coach Scott Cross said. "Of course, Kentucky responded well in the second half and absolutely mashed us on the boards." Calipari used his first-year players for longer stretches this time and the combinations were effective in wearing down the fast and stubborn Mavericks. While standing around certainly was out of the question against a UTA squad that always seemed a couple of 3-pointers away from mounting a run, Kentucky quickly seized the tempo right after the break and sustained that energy from then on. The Wildcats ended up with 18 assists and 28 second-chance points after tallying just nine in the first half. "My whole thing was an energy level where you had Edwards just going and smashing the boards and just taking the ball out of our hands," Calipari said. "Well, you just cant have that. In the second half, I thought we played with some emotion." Kentucky came in feeling pretty good after drubbing Robert Morris on Sunday night, where Aaron Harrison grabbed the spotlight away from Julius Randle with a career-high 28 points. His point total also marked a season best for the Wildcats and their crop of talented freshmen. Though everything remains a work in progress, the Wildcats took a step forward in that game with good perimeter shooting while dominating the Colonials in rebounding and in the post -- all of which pleased Calipari. Kentucky followed that up against the high-scoring Mavericks, who came in with a two-game winning streak and averaging nearly 89 points per game thanks to 34 per cent 3-point shooting. Despite falling behind 19-8 behind Youngs 13 points including 3-of-3 shooting from long range, UTA wasnt fazed by the deficit or Kentuckys numerous advantages in size and talent. The Mavericks managed a couple of baskets inside but stormed back into the contest with their strong perimeter game. UTA was 4 of 8 from beyond the arc in the first half thanks to Brandon Edwards, who sank a couple and scored 10 points during a 20-9 run over 6:24 to bring the Mavericks 28-25 late in the half. Kentucky answered with a 12-0 over 3:25 for its biggest lead at 40-25 but UTA closed the half with an 8-2 spurt to enter the break down just 42-33 and pleased with its rebounding edge. After that it was all Kentucky thanks to some chiding from Calipari to pick up the intensity. "He gets on everybody about it," Andrew Harrison said. "If hes saying it, hes not just saying it just to say it. Its true, and youre going to see it on film the next day, so you better not argue with him." Charles Haley Cowboys Jersey .com) - The New York Jets have named Mike Maccagnan their new general manager. Larry Allen Womens Jersey . Huntelaar also had a penalty saved by Wolfsburg goalkeeper Diego Benaglio. The two goals brought Huntelaars total for the season to 18, level with Bayern Munichs Mario Gomez for most in the league. http://www.cowboysfootballgearshop.com/ ... ersey/.com) - NFL owners have unanimously approved the sale of the Buffalo Bills. Demarcus Lawrence Womens Jersey . A lawmaker is hoping the buzz from California Chromes run for the Triple Crown might build support for a bill that would place the U. Michael Gallup Womens Jersey .Just like old times.Only this time, just one got to enjoy a victory.James return to Miami as an opponent was a success — for the Heat, that is. Wade scored 24 of his 31 points in the first half, Luol Deng had 25 points and dogged James defensively all night, and the Heat beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 101-91 in a hyped Christmas matchup Thursday.College Park, MD (SportsNetwork.com) - Jake Layman scored 17 points and No. 19 Maryland rallied in the second half for a 67-57 victory over USC Upstate on Saturday. Melo Trimble had 14 points and 12 rebounds while Evan Smotrycz added 10 points and six boards for the Terrapins (10-1), who have won their past three games. That was a really good team we played, said Maryland head coach Mark Turgeon. Their zone was tough, their offense was really good and they have really good players. They did not have any weak spots. Fred Miller gave 13 points, five boards and five assists and Ty Greene added 11 for the Spartans (8-3), who had a three-game winning streak broken. The Terrapins were trailing by four points to start the second half, and were down by seven when Jared Nickens hit a 3-pointer that kicked off a 12-2 run with Layman capping the burst on a layup for a 38-35 lead six minutes in. Another 11-2 run allowed Maryland to create some distance, as Damonte Dodds freee throws with just over nine minutes to play gave the team a 10-point lead.dddddddddddd The Spartans kept the game from getting out of hand and cut their deficit to just four when Miller made a 3-pointer just inside of two minutes remaining. Layman, though, countered with a 3-pointer and USC Upstate didnt make a bucket the rest of the way. I thought we did a lot of good things, but we had three or four possessions and made mistakes, said USC Upstate head coach Eddie Payne. You cannot make errors against a team like this, because they make you pay and Maryland did that. Maryland led for much of the first half, but a jumper from Greene started an 8-0 run by the Spartans that helped the team take a 28-24 lead into the locker room. Game Notes Maryland plays at Oklahoma State next Sunday ... This was the first meeting between these two teams ... Maryland shot 40 percent from the floor and outrebounded USC Upstate, 44-31. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

LEXINGTON, Ohio -- AJ Allmendinger led 73 of the 94 laps and survived a late challenge after a restart to win the inaugural NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Allmendinger improved his record to 2 for 2 this year in the Nationwide Series, adding a victory to the one he picked up for Penske Racing in his only previous start at Road America. The 31-year-old Allmendinger, rebounding after being suspended a year ago for failing a random drug test, took the lead for good on the 64th lap, then had to weather a late sprint when a car spun out just before his final lap on the twisting road course. Pole-winner Michael McDowell was second, with native Ohioan Sam Hornish Jr. third, Max Papis fourth and Brian Vickers fifth. Hornish took over the season points lead, 13 points ahead of Elliott Sadler. The race was plagued by spin-outs and fender benders. The last one almost changed the outcome. With everyone racing to the finish and Allmendingers Discount Tire Ford comfortably ahead of McDowell by a couple of seconds, the car driven by Kenny Habul spun out on Turn 11. Out came the yellow flag, with Allmendinger and most of the other leaders having to conserve fuel to prevent running out before the re-start. When the pace car finally pulled off, Allmendinger sped away to the lead and held it throughout the final lap to take the checkered flag. Absolutely no one was surprised there were lots of caution flags, with 40 large, powerful cars racing around a layout with a variety of elevations and hairpin curves that is a maximum of 40-feet wide. The first 18 laps were clean but then things started getting messy. Justin Allgaier -- who would bounce back to briefly challenge for the lead later -- found the sand off Turn 9 for the first yellow. Trevor Bayne and Regan Smith were among the drivers who had their cars spun, either through contact, aggressive driving or in the heat of the race. By then, however, with just 15 or so laps left, the top two had separated themselves, several seconds ahead of third-place Hornish. Almendinger held onto the lead -- not pulling away but not losing any ground -- as they made it a two-car race. The late caution almost erased what had taken place for the previous 30 or so laps. The victory served as a payback from Allmendinger to team owner Roger Penske, who stood by the driver throughout his suspension and filled out his schedule with drives. Rounding out the top 10 were Sadler in sixth, Marcos Ambrose, Allgaier, Bayne and Jeremy Clements. It was only the second Nationwide Series pole of McDowells career, following Road America in 2011. The Sprint Cup driver, ninth at the 2013 Daytona 500, hadnt finished better this year than a 22nd at Richmond. That was also the only other time in his four previous races that he had cracked the top 10 on the starting grid. Two drivers raced at Mid-Ohio and also planned on being in the middle of the action at Sundays NASCAR Pure Michigan 400 at Michigan International Speedway. Ambrose was set to start 26th in Brooklyn, Mich., with Austin Dillon set to start a notch behind him. Both were expecting to helicopter between the two tracks. Dillon came into Mid-Ohio leading the Nationwide drivers standings but is now tied for third with Smith. The race was contested under perfect conditions: no rain, light wind, temperatures around 80 and an overcast sky. A dozen or more injured, ill or sick kids from the events namesake hospital in Columbus were represented in the paintwork on cars and some were introduced along with the drivers before the start. Buy Nike Presto . THE THUNDER & PACERS BENCHES: In a nutshell, not impressive at all. Cheap Nike Sb . -- The Chicago Bears have agreed to terms with safety Brock Vereen and QB David Fales on four-year contracts. http://www.cheapwholesalenikesb.com/. Siddikur, who led on all four days and took a four-stroke lead going into the final day, bogeyed four out of six holes starting at the sixth and continued a forgettable last round in which he returned a three-over 75 to finish with a 14-under 274. Cheap Nike Sb Dunk . PAUL, Minn. Nike Air Foamposite Sale Cheap . For Bergevin, the best pick is the 30th — which traditionally goes to the Stanley Cup winner. "Thats our goal.Tuesdays shutout loss to the Dallas Stars was not pretty for the playoff-hopeful Washington Capitals and it got even more tense on Wednesday in a post-practice news conference. After falling 5-0 on home ice in a game that could have tied them for second in the wild card standings, Washington head coach Adam Oates had some strong words for Capitals superstar Alex Ovechkin. "Ovi quit on the play, coming back,," said Oates to CSN Washington.dddddddddddd "It just goes to show you gotta hustle the whole time. The whole, entire time." Oates was referring to the Stars fourth goal where a nonchalant Ovechkin allowed Alex Chiasson to get past him and set up an easy goal by Dustin Jeffrey. Ovechkin is currently leading the NHL with 48 goals but is last in the league in plus/minus with a minus- 36. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

With the MLS SuperDraft wrapping up, the latest TSN FC podcast looks at the selections of each Canadian team. The boys also break down Toronto FCs introductory press conference for Jermain Defoe and Michael Bradley, the situation with Camilo and the Whitecaps and the Impacts quiet off-season thus far. TSN FC podcast: SuperDraft, TFC, Impacts off-season Cheap Seattle Mariners Jerseys . PETERSBURG, Fla. Cheap Miami Marlins Jerseys . Vinci also beat Dulgheru last week in Bucharest en route to her first WTA final in a year. Vinci next faces sixth-seeded Kurumi Nara of Japan, who beat Czech qualifier Katerina Siniakova 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-2. No. http://www.cheapmlbjerseysauthentic.com/.com) - The Columbus Blue Jackets rewarded starting goaltender and pending restricted free agent Sergei Bobrovsky with a four-year contract extension on Friday. Cheap BaseBall China Jerseys .com) - Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price is set to return Tuesday against Nashville after sitting out the past two games because of a minor upper body injury. Cheap Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys . -- Steven Stamkos scored his first goal since returning from a major injury, Ryan Callahan had his first goal with Tampa Bay, and the Lightning beat the Florida Panthers 5-4 on Thursday night.MIAMI -- David Beckhams architects and advisers have recommended the Port of Miami as the stadium site for the Major League Soccer expansion team that will be owned by the former English national team captain. The plan announced Monday would have an open-air stadium with views of the bay and the downtown skyline. The capacity could be as low as 21,000 or as high as 35,000. The operating premise is about 25,000. "Miami is all about the water, all about the culture," said Beckham, speaking from a rooftop terrace on the Wolfson Campus of Miami Dade College, located just a few blocks from the Port of Miami. "I dont think people see that enough. "Our site is all about the skyline. It opens up to that. And thats what we want people to see that all around the world." More than 30 sites were evaluated for the stadium. In addition to the recommended site, Marlins Park, Florida International University and a site near the citys airport remain under consideration for the team. There is no year set for the team to start play. John Alschuler, chairman of the consulting firm HR&A, said the earliest the new stadium could be ready was 2018. If the team starts play earlier, it would have to play in a temporary home, such as Marlins Park or FIU. Alschuler said a stadium at the Port of Miami would be built without the use of taxpayer money and that fans could drive there by using the Port of Miami tunnel and seeking limited parking spaces. However, Beckham said he was headed to Tallahassee on Tuesday to lobby the state legislature for money. "We will be funding the money ourselves, but as an organization, we want to be treated like every other (spoorts franchise)," Beckham said.dddddddddddd "Were not asking for anything more or anything less." Beckham was asked if he could make it work without state funding. "I dont think it would be fair to say we could or couldnt," he said. "We just want to be treated like every other franchise. Its not an ideal world, but this is what we would like to have happen." Beckhams group envisions perhaps as many as 4,000 fans per game making a "seven- or eight- minute walk" across the bridge from where the Miami Heat plays its NBA home games at AmericanAirlines Arena. "The March to the Match is a soccer tradition common in Europe and in certain parts of the United States," Alschuler said. "They hang out in bars and march to the match." To ease traffic and parking concerns, the proposed MLS team has said it would not schedule home games on the same nights the Heat plays. Beckham said he has never played in a stadium that doesnt have traffic issues and views that as a good problem because it would mean, in his view, that the team is playing to a "full house." Alschuler said Beckhams group would pay "fair market" value for the land at the proposed site and would make a $200 million investment in creating jobs and economic activity downtown. "We want a site that can feed off of the incredible energy that is developing downtown. We believe we can contribute to that," Alschuler said. "We want to be the most significant asset we can be to the economy of South Florida create jobs, create tax revenue and contribute to the economic balance sheet of the Port of Miami." Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

Nasser Hussain has sympathised with England captain Alastair Cook over his use of the new approved helmet. Cook wore the new-style helmet in Essexs County Championship game against Sussex at Hove on Monday and lasted only five balls, scoring one run after making 105 and 35 not out in Essexs opening game of the season against Gloucestershire when he wore the old-style headgear.The new helmets, which comply to British Safety Standards and have a smaller gap between the peak and grille, were introduced in the winter after a number of high-profile injuries. Cook was spoken to by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) after using his old helmet in last weeks match at Chelmsford and, as a result, he complied with the new regulations this week. Cook heads out to bat against Gloucestershire in his old helmet However, former England skipper and Sky Sports cricket pundit Hussain has sympathy for Cook and feels it is unfair to dictate what headgear a batsman should use.I definitely have sympathy with Alastair Cook, Hussain told Sky Sports News HQ.The fundamentals of batting are being comfortable and being able to see the cricket ball and he has got nearly 10,000 Test match runs wearing a certain type of helmet.He has taken the opinion that he leaves a bit of a gap there - and maybe the ball can get through and maybe it cant - but he wants to see the ball properly. And then, all of a sudden, the regulations and the new helmet has moved that little grille up - maybe a couple of centimetres - and he cant see the ball as well. Cook sports his new helmet during day two of Essexs match against Sussex Hes a grown man and I feel he should be able to make the decision himself.Hes given the other [helmet] a go, hes not been stubborn, hes not saying no this is nothing to do with me, hes given it a go and hes not finding it comfortable.Hell go out to bat at Hove (today) probably with the new helmet on and give it a go, but when he rocks up at Headingley for the first Test against Sri Lanka I think most England fans will want their captain, their opening batsman and their star batsman to be able to see the ball and be comfortable and not have any kind of doubts about his equipment. Ravi Bopara explains why Alastair Cook doesnt want to use a specific style of helmet Despite his support for Cook, Hussain has backed the ECB and its director of cricket Andrew Strauss over the introduction of the new regulations.I do applaud what Strauss and the ECB are doing, he said. For a long time people havent looked at helmets and the actual safety of helmets and there have been some high-profile incidents that have happened recently and it has to be looked into.But you do have to say that there has to be a little bit of a personal choice to every batsman to be able to make that decision. Also See: Cook struggles ECB speaks to Cook Sussex v Essex scorecard Pundits county picks College Football Jerseys Wholesale . Linemates Ryan Johansen and Boone Jenner each had a goal and an assist in the first period, and Sergei Bobrovsky made 36 saves to lead the Blue Jackets past the Florida Panthers 4-1 on Saturday night. Cheap Michigan Wolverines Jerseys . Thats exactly what happened. And they enjoyed every moment. Durant remained sizzling with 33 points, Serge Ibaka added 22 and the Thunder roared back from an abysmal start -- they trailed 22-4 early -- to embarrass the Miami Heat 112-95 on Wednesday night, erasing that big deficit out of the gate by outscoring the two-time defending champions by 43 points over a 33-minute span. http://www.ncaacheapjerseys.com/. A veteran of 16 NHL seasons, Prospals career was highlighted by him ranking fourth in points scored, third in assists and sixth in games played among all Czech Republic born players in NHL history. NCAA Basketball Jerseys Cheap . Hicham Khalouas late goal improved Almerias chances of avoiding relegation in a match dominated by contentious calls, including three penalties. One day after Barcelonas 4-3 win at Real Madrid featured three penalties, referees again dominated a wide-open game that saw Almeria ultimately move out of the relegation zone and one point ahead of Getafe which took its place. NCAA Jerseys China .While Rosberg is coming off a strong victory at the Brazilian Grand Prix, Hamilton is dwelling on a mistake that ended his streak of five consecutive wins and kept him from increasing his advantage.WINNIPEG -- Jennifer Jones is one of the most successful skips in Canadian curling but, starting Sunday, shell be trying once more to capture the one prize that has eluded her so far -- a trip to the Olympics. Jones and her rink will join 15 more of Canadas best curling teams at the trials to determine which men and women will wear Canadas colours in Sochi. "To go to the Olympics I think, as any athlete in any sport, is an incredible experience," says Jones. "To represent your country at this huge sporting event, what the Olympics is all about, would be amazing." She has tried twice before, in 2005 and 2009 and struck out both times, not even making the playoffs. And its not like she was struggling with her game at the time, winning the Scotties in both those years. But Tim Hortons Roar of the Rings Canadian Curling Trials isnt a competition where winning your province even gets you into this game. In fact, 14 of the 16 teams vying to represent Canada at the Olympics come from just three provinces, Ontario, Alberta and Manitoba. The outliers are John Morris, who won Olympic gold as Kevin Martins third in 2010 and now skips John Cotters rink out of Vernon, B.C., and Stefanie Lawton of Saskatoon. Alberta is represented by Kevin Koe from Calgary, Renee Sonnenberg from Grande Prairie and Martin, Heather Nedohin and Val Sweeting from Edmonton. Ontario is fielding Brier champion Brad Jacobs from Sault Ste. Marie, John Epping from Toronto, 2013 Scotties winner Rachel Homan from Ottawa (who beat Jones last February to take the title) and Glenn Howard and Sherry Middaugh from Coldwater. From Winnipeg, Jones is joined by Jeff Stoughton, Mike McEwan and Chelsea Carey. Jones knows from bitter experience how tough it can be to score the coveted spot on Canadas Olympic team, although right now shes the top-ranked female curler in Canada. "Its the eight best teams in the country that come together and play, so every game you have to be at youur very best.dddddddddddd. And its a really short round robin. Its only seven games. So you have to go out there and really play well from start to finish." The womens final will take place on Saturday, Dec. 7, with the mens final on that Sunday. Jone has had more than just a taste of success with four national titles (three in a row starting in 2008) and one world title on her CV. She finished third at another world championship in 2010. But theres something special about the Olympics. "To win the Scotties is incredible. Any time you get to represent Canada is unbelievable, but to go as a bigger part of a big team Canada would be the experience of a lifetime. "I think every team at the Olympic trials wants to have that dream come true." Sweeting and Jacobs were the final rinks to qualify for this event at the Olympic pre-trials earlier in November in Kitchener, Ont. Its another measure of how tough it is to just get into the Olympic trials that 2006 Olympic gold medal winner Brad Gushue from Newfoundland didnt qualify. He lost to Jacobs in Kitchener but Gushue will be at the trials as an alternate on Martins team and another member of that 2006 team, Mark Nichols, is throwing lead rocks for Stoughton. Organizers are predicting huge attendance numbers for the trials, being held at the MTS Centre while the Winnipeg Jets are on an extended road trip. And it doesnt hurt that TSN has Will Farrell, in the persona of his outrageous TV anchorman Ron Burgundy, signed on for the opening of the event. He will team with network curling veteran Vic Rauter and Rauter got into the spirit of things in the news release announcing Ferrells appearance. "Its an honour to work with such an esteemed colleague. Im a huge fan of his work. Who are we talking about again?" As for the reason behind the guest gig, it might have something to do with the fact that "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" opens in theatres Dec. 20. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

PARIS -- Formula One team Red Bull has officially appealed to motor sports governing body over Daniel Ricciardos disqualification from last weekends season-opening Australian Grand Prix. The Australian driver thrilled the home crowd with a second-place finish behind German winner Nico Rosberg to secure what looked like his first career podium on his debut for Red Bull, where he replaced veteran driver Mark Webber during the off-season. However, he was stripped of the result due to a technical breach. Race stewards said his car violated fuel-flow rules introduced this year which limit cars to 100 kilograms of fuel during the race. The FIA subsequently disqualified Ricciardo, elevating McLaren drivers Kevin Magnussen and Jenson Button to second and third, respectively. Archie Manning Jersey . -- Oakland Athletics starting pitchers Jarrod Parker and A. Alvin Kamara Jersey .C. - The Panthers will be without starting defensive tackle Star Lotulelei for Saturday nights NFC divisional playoff game against Seattle after undergoing surgery Wednesday to repair a broken bone in his foot. http://www.saintsrookiestore.com/Saints ... Jr-Jersey/. 98 jersey in a game yet, and already its a big seller. Thomas Morstead Saints Jersey .Shipulin pulled away from Martin Fourcade of France, Simon Eder of Austria and Fredrik Lindstrom of Sweden to finish in 35 minutes 16.8 seconds. Fourcade was 1.2 seconds back in second place to reclaim the overall World Cup lead, with Eder another 0. Cameron Jordan Saints Jersey .com) - The Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics both entered Wednesday nights game riding lengthy losing streaks.ORLANDO, Fla. -- Forward Channing Frye has agreed to a four-year, $32 million offer sheet to sign with the Orlando Magic on Monday, according to a person familiar with the deal. Frye can fill leadership and scoring holes created by the recent jettisoning of guards Jameer Nelson and Arron Afflalo. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal cant be signed until July 10 under NBA free agency rules. Yahoo Sports was the first to report the agreement. The 31-year-old Frye opted out of the $6.8 million he would have made in the final year of his contract with Phoenix to become an unrestricted free agent. The Magic have been getting younger each of the past three drafts under general manager Rob Hennigan. It has continnued this off-season with Orlando trading Afflalo on draft night, and waiving Nelson last week.dddddddddddd Hennigan has said previously that hes wanted to have a balance of both youth and vets on the roster during their rebuilding process. The Magic currently have 11 players on their roster with three years or less experience. In Frye, the Magic add both consistent scoring and a veteran presence back into the locker room to go along with that core of young players After missing the entire 2012-13 season for treatment of an enlarged heart, he started all 82 games last season, averaging 11.1 points and 5.1 rebounds per game. He is best known for his long-range shooting, making 37 per cent of his 432 3-point attempts last season. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

Chinese speed skater Zhang Hong won the womens 1,000 metre event at the Adler Arena in Sochi on Thursday, with a blistering time of one minute, 14.02 seconds. The Netherlands continued to bolster their medal haul in long track speed skating when Ireen Wust won silver with a time of 1:14.69. Wusts teammate Margot Boer earned the bronze in 1:14.90. Christine Nesbitt skated against Zhang, and the Canadian finished the event in ninth position with a time of 1:15.62. The London, Ont native won the distance at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, and dominated the event on the World Cup circuit up until last year. Calgarys Kaylin Irvine had to dodge Monique Angermueller when the German fell and slid across the Canadians path. Irvine finished in 1:17.24, sitting in 18th. Kali Christ of Regina was the first Canadian to skate, finishing in 1:17.41, ranked 21st. Winnipegs Brittany Schussler was 30th overall, posting a time of 1:18.53. Hydro Flask Cena .com) - Manchester City will face a steep test in the Champions League knockout stage as the English champions were drawn with Barcelona on Monday. Hydro Flask Cz .ca! Hi Kerry, The recent issues in the Boston-Pittsburgh game have highlighted a number of officiating, game control, and player sportsmanship aspects. http://www.hydroflasklahev.cz/. - The Oakland Athletics say they are stopping negotiations to extend their lease at the Coliseum. Hydro Flask Lilac . The 18-time champions, who havent won the title since 1990, moved two points behind Arsenal after the leaders were stunned 6-3 at Manchester City on Saturday. Defending champion Manchester United trails Arsenal by 10 points after winning 3-0 at Aston Villa to avoid a third successive league loss. Hydro Flask Heureka .ca. Kerry, In the first period of Saturdays Montreal-Ottawa game, Brendan Gallagher is called for goaltender interference. Craig Anderson is outside the blue paint trying to make the save.As NHL teams prepare for training camp in September, a lot of the hockey talk always revolves around new faces we may see opening night. For the Jets, one of the names that kept popping up was Adam Lowry. There was a spot up front and he was going to be given the opportunity to grab it. Adam approached camp with this in mind: When you come in, you know how many guys are coming back and whenever a team doesnt make the playoffs, you know there is going to be a chance they are going to be willing to make changes. So as long as I pushed and I showed well, I knew Id have a chance to push my way into the lineup. Lowry had a very good second half with the St. Johns IceCaps in their run to the Calder Cup final last sprng. It was also an opportunity for Kevin Cheveldayoff, Craig Heisinger, Paul Maurice and the rest of the Jets management group to get a real good look at him in pressure situations. But knowing who was watching was not the focus. We were focussed on winning the Calder Cup. It was disappointing to lose. For me in the developmental stage, going through that was huge. Playoffs is another level. To be able to do that, it was a short summer but a lot of valuable experience was gained. At 65 and 207 lbs, the 21-year-old has the size to be able to compete in the tough Western Conference. He also has the pedigree, with his father Dave having played 1,084 NHL regular season games. And when the Jets made him their second selection in the 2011 draft, family was part of it. Dave was well respected, both as a player and a person, said Marcel Comeau, Director of Amateur Scouting for the Jets. We were hopeful the apple didnt fall too far from the tree and that has certainly come to pass. When it came to making the selection, there was no debate, continued Comeau. We had him and another player in mind, a player that went a few picks earlier. When that guy went, Adam was our guy. We liked his size, his effort, physical play, his two-way game and he led by example. He was a little raw at that point, but we felt he had big upside. In the 2008 Western Hockey League bantam draft, a VERY much smaller Lowry (59, 135 lbs) did not go until the fourth round, 78th overall, taken by the Swift Current Broncos, a place where he grew both on the ice and off the ice. I went to my first camp at 15, I measured in at 511, 141 lbs, and started my first junior year at 61 1/2. They gave me 163 but I was probably 150-155 lbs. He went on to being named WHL Player of the Year after scoring 45 goals and 43 assists for 88 points in the 2012-13 season. Lowry was born in St. Louis where his dad was playing with the Blues. We were only there nine months and Dad got picked up by Florida in the expansion draft. There until I think five and we moved to San Jose until I was eight and then Calgary ever since. I remember the first time in Calgary, it snowed first week of September and I was terrified. Lowry learned plenty from hiis dad, and from just being around the game.dddddddddddd Dad had to go to the rink and work hard every day. He was never guaranteed a spot. He was always on the third and fourth lines and always battling with someone else to stay in the lineup. I saw how hard he worked in the summer and how hard he worked during the season. Even when he was injured he would be in the gym and doing everything he could to get back into the lineup. Hes been huge help. Adam also learned by just hanging around and watching. You pick up things that a lot of people dont if you are not around it. Id watch practices, and at a young age, you are watching some of your heroes but you are also watching coaches implement systems and at eight, nine, 10-years-old, you are starting to understand things that are not being taught until 13, 14. It really helps you push your hockey sense to another level at a young age. Lowry is a perfect example for the Jets plan of draft and develop. As general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff put it to Tim Campbell of the Winnipeg Free Press the morning of Lowrys first NHL game, opening night in Arizona, Its something that when we set out on this trek, this journey from Atlanta to Winnipeg, we knew the process and the painstaking way we were going to have to build the franchise. So when you draft a player and he goes through the process, the gratifying thing to me personally is that youre not really doing it, its the way the organization is set up, the people youve entrusted to do their jobs. You know the prospects are in good hands, but at the end of the day, its up to the prospect. They have to take possession of their own career and Adam has certainly done that. There is an interesting connection with teammates T.J. Galiardi and Paul Postma. Dave Lowry coached the two when they played for the Calgary Hitmen of the WHL. For Postma and Galiardi to make hockey comparisons is not possible, but there are similarities in personality. Both have a lighthearted, dry sense of humor, stated Galiardi. Dave ripped me a few times when he coached me, Adam hasnt ripped me – yet. He added jokingly. Postma notices how both love to compete. They both hate to lose, very competitive. On the ice, Lowry has been moved from left wing to centre because that is where Coach Paul Maurice sees him playing long-term. Lowry grew up a winger, but was moved to centre for his final year of junior and also played the middle last year. Biggest adjustment to the NHL, pace, stated Lowry. Everything happens quicker. Lowrys first NHL goal came on a deflection in the sixth game of the season. It turned out to be the winner in the Jets first home win of the year. Every game, he seems more comfortable starting a road trip on a line with Chris Thorburn and Dustin Byfuglien. And the final word will go to Byfuglien, He is fun to watch. Keeps it simple and doesnt want to get out of his comfort zone, but I cant wait until he does. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

New York, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - Major League Baseball has given Bud Selig the title of Commissioner Emeritus. Seligs retirement will become official on Jan. 25, the date Rob Manfred takes over as baseballs new commissioner. In his next role, Selig will advise Manfred and assist with special projects. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to stay connected to the game in this new capacity, said Selig in a statement. I will be proud to stand behind Robs vision for the future and to assist in any ways that he asks. Baseball is the greatest game in the world, and I look forward to seeing our sport flourish under Robs leadership. Manfred was elected to the position by a unanimous vote among baseball owners in August and agreed to a five-year contract in November. Commissioner Selig has had an unparalleled career of decorated service to the national pastime, and this role will allow the game to benefit from his unmatched institutional knowledge, experience and relationships, said Manfred in a statement Friday. I could not ask for a finer mentor during this transition process, and I am grateful that commissioner Selig will continue to be available to me as a resource. Selig will have spent 22 years as the sports commissioner. He assumed the leadership post in September 1992, initially on an acting basis following the resignation of Fay Vincent, and was given permanent duties in 1998. Justice Hill Ravens Jersey .Y. - Alex Rodriguez paid $305,000 for evidence that could be used in the case involving the Biogenesis of America drug clinic, the Daily News reported Saturday. Ben Powers Womens Jersey . Groves signed with Cleveland as an unrestricted free agent last year after a season with Arizona. He was in the linebacker rotation and had a sack in the season opener against Miami. http://www.cheapravensshoponline.com/Customized/. As if the individual strands of grey hair or the increasing amount of joint pain werent reminders enough, the impending end of Jeters career is a slap-in-the-face indicator of a generations fleeting youth. Hayden Hurst Womens Jersey . On the eve of the 2013-14 NBA season, he can finally take a step back and allow his team to do the talking. Joe Flacco Jersey . -- Terrelle Pryor took the opening snap of the game, put the ball in Darren McFaddens belly and saw LaMarr Woodley crash down.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at [email protected]. Hi Mr. Fraser, Im a fan of the column as you put a good perspective on some of the crazy reffing that goes on. I would love to know how Torontos Stephane Robidas isnt suspended for elbowing Vancouvers Shawn Matthias in the head with a dirty blatant elbow this past Saturday. Now Vancouver has one of its hottest players out with a concussion. Its pretty infuriating when we see Alex Burrows get two games for a much less dangerous hit, then Robidas gets away with a dirty, blatant elbow to the head. Whats wrong with this league? Ted Goodsell Airdrie, Alberta Ted: You are one of four fans that dropped this question in the Cmon Ref mail bag just last night who are curious as to why no suspension was imposed to Stephane Robidas after he elbowed Shawn Matthias in a play that resulted in concussion-like symptoms to the Vancouver player. The Player Safety Committee has a series of criteria to determine a hit they deem to be worthy of a suspension. You can find various examples and explanations in tutorial videos contained on the NHL.com player safety website. The committee, headed by Stephane Quintal, attempt to rule in a fair and consistent manner based on the criteria they have been handed. This is certainly no easy task and every decision (or non-decision) they make is closely scrutinized by team personnel, the media and fans alike. Every play is different and must be judged on its own merit. In many situations it appears to me that too narrow a margin exists between determining an illegal play worthy of a penalty imposed by the referee in the game or elevated to a suspension after the fact with regard to player safety. Even though this was an elbow infraction, rule 48 is the modern day standard bearer for illegal contact to the head. The rule provides a list of criteria that not only defines an illegal check to the head but offers caveats or exemptions that carry forward and become part of the criteria used by the Player Safety Committee to determine suspensions. Critical to their consideration is if an opponents head was the mmain point of contact and especially whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponents body and the head was not picked as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or outward.dddddddddddd This is certainly an abundance of verbiage to digest when breaking down hits that result in varying degrees of contact to the head of a player. It is my opinion that too many caveats are being considered for not suspending a player when significant contact to the head results from a high, illegal hit. As we look at a couple of different angles when Robidas initiated contact with Matthias we are presented with evidence that would most likely have been strongly considered by the P.S.C. to determine a suspension was not warranted to the Toronto player. The camera shot from the stands, looking through the back of Matthias, indicates that Robidas elevated arm/elbow appears to make initial contact just below the chin (neck area) of the Vancouver player. As Robidas initiates contact his upper body slides off the centre mass of his opponent and results in Matthias head becoming the main point of contact with the right-back shoulder and upper tricep of Robidas. The cross ice shot is somewhat more incriminating that the elbow did some residual damage but it can be argued that Robidas elbow rode up after making initial contact below the chin. In the eye and mind of those responsible for determining a suspension this becomes an illegal elbow worthy of a minor penalty and does not cross the line of the criteria they utilize for the purpose of suspension. Some (or even many of us) wont agree with the rationale or criteria currently being utilized to determine a suspension. Many would suggest it falls short in an effort to hold players accountable for high hits that result in various degrees of contact to the head of an opponent and can result in injury. The General Managers are presently meeting and can recommend changes to this process if they deem them to be warranted. Its their stick and puck and until such time as changes are made it will be business as usual. I wish Shawn Matthias a full and speedy recovery. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

New York, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - Major League Baseball has given Bud Selig the title of Commissioner Emeritus. Seligs retirement will become official on Jan. 25, the date Rob Manfred takes over as baseballs new commissioner. In his next role, Selig will advise Manfred and assist with special projects. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to stay connected to the game in this new capacity, said Selig in a statement. I will be proud to stand behind Robs vision for the future and to assist in any ways that he asks. Baseball is the greatest game in the world, and I look forward to seeing our sport flourish under Robs leadership. Manfred was elected to the position by a unanimous vote among baseball owners in August and agreed to a five-year contract in November. Commissioner Selig has had an unparalleled career of decorated service to the national pastime, and this role will allow the game to benefit from his unmatched institutional knowledge, experience and relationships, said Manfred in a statement Friday. I could not ask for a finer mentor during this transition process, and I am grateful that commissioner Selig will continue to be available to me as a resource. Selig will have spent 22 years as the sports commissioner. He assumed the leadership post in September 1992, initially on an acting basis following the resignation of Fay Vincent, and was given permanent duties in 1998. Justice Hill Ravens Jersey .Y. - Alex Rodriguez paid $305,000 for evidence that could be used in the case involving the Biogenesis of America drug clinic, the Daily News reported Saturday. Ben Powers Womens Jersey . Groves signed with Cleveland as an unrestricted free agent last year after a season with Arizona. He was in the linebacker rotation and had a sack in the season opener against Miami. http://www.cheapravensshoponline.com/Customized/. As if the individual strands of grey hair or the increasing amount of joint pain werent reminders enough, the impending end of Jeters career is a slap-in-the-face indicator of a generations fleeting youth. Hayden Hurst Womens Jersey . On the eve of the 2013-14 NBA season, he can finally take a step back and allow his team to do the talking. Joe Flacco Jersey . -- Terrelle Pryor took the opening snap of the game, put the ball in Darren McFaddens belly and saw LaMarr Woodley crash down.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at [email protected]. Hi Mr. Fraser, Im a fan of the column as you put a good perspective on some of the crazy reffing that goes on. I would love to know how Torontos Stephane Robidas isnt suspended for elbowing Vancouvers Shawn Matthias in the head with a dirty blatant elbow this past Saturday. Now Vancouver has one of its hottest players out with a concussion. Its pretty infuriating when we see Alex Burrows get two games for a much less dangerous hit, then Robidas gets away with a dirty, blatant elbow to the head. Whats wrong with this league? Ted Goodsell Airdrie, Alberta Ted: You are one of four fans that dropped this question in the Cmon Ref mail bag just last night who are curious as to why no suspension was imposed to Stephane Robidas after he elbowed Shawn Matthias in a play that resulted in concussion-like symptoms to the Vancouver player. The Player Safety Committee has a series of criteria to determine a hit they deem to be worthy of a suspension. You can find various examples and explanations in tutorial videos contained on the NHL.com player safety website. The committee, headed by Stephane Quintal, attempt to rule in a fair and consistent manner based on the criteria they have been handed. This is certainly no easy task and every decision (or non-decision) they make is closely scrutinized by team personnel, the media and fans alike. Every play is different and must be judged on its own merit. In many situations it appears to me that too narrow a margin exists between determining an illegal play worthy of a penalty imposed by the referee in the game or elevated to a suspension after the fact with regard to player safety. Even though this was an elbow infraction, rule 48 is the modern day standard bearer for illegal contact to the head. The rule provides a list of criteria that not only defines an illegal check to the head but offers caveats or exemptions that carry forward and become part of the criteria used by the Player Safety Committee to determine suspensions. Critical to their consideration is if an opponents head was the mmain point of contact and especially whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponents body and the head was not picked as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or outward.dddddddddddd This is certainly an abundance of verbiage to digest when breaking down hits that result in varying degrees of contact to the head of a player. It is my opinion that too many caveats are being considered for not suspending a player when significant contact to the head results from a high, illegal hit. As we look at a couple of different angles when Robidas initiated contact with Matthias we are presented with evidence that would most likely have been strongly considered by the P.S.C. to determine a suspension was not warranted to the Toronto player. The camera shot from the stands, looking through the back of Matthias, indicates that Robidas elevated arm/elbow appears to make initial contact just below the chin (neck area) of the Vancouver player. As Robidas initiates contact his upper body slides off the centre mass of his opponent and results in Matthias head becoming the main point of contact with the right-back shoulder and upper tricep of Robidas. The cross ice shot is somewhat more incriminating that the elbow did some residual damage but it can be argued that Robidas elbow rode up after making initial contact below the chin. In the eye and mind of those responsible for determining a suspension this becomes an illegal elbow worthy of a minor penalty and does not cross the line of the criteria they utilize for the purpose of suspension. Some (or even many of us) wont agree with the rationale or criteria currently being utilized to determine a suspension. Many would suggest it falls short in an effort to hold players accountable for high hits that result in various degrees of contact to the head of an opponent and can result in injury. The General Managers are presently meeting and can recommend changes to this process if they deem them to be warranted. Its their stick and puck and until such time as changes are made it will be business as usual. I wish Shawn Matthias a full and speedy recovery. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

The Minnesota Wild try to avoid their first losing streak of January tonight as they continue a three-game homestand versus the Edmonton Oilers, who juggled their roster a day ahead of this matchup. After dropping their final six games of December, the Wild opened the new calendar year with four consecutive wins. Following a loss to Colorado on Saturday, Minnesota rebounded the following night to blank Nashville 4-0, but then had the tables turned on them Tuesday. Beginning their three-game stay at home, the Wild were shut out 3-0 by the Ottawa Senators behind Robin Lehners 27 saves. Darcy Kuemper made 23 saves versus the Predators to record his first NHL shutout in his sixth career start, but yielded all three goals on 32 shots faced against the Senators. "Execution just wasnt really there all night long," Minnesota head coach Mike Yeo admitted. "We werent really moving our feet, werent attacking, werent crisp with our passing." Minnesota was blanked for just the third time this season and for the first time at home. If past history is a factor, Yeo may go with Niklas Backstrom in net tonight. The 35-year-old Finn is an outstanding 25-4-1 with a 1.91 goals against average and four shutouts in 32 career starts versus the Oilers. The Wild have won 13 of their last 16 versus the Oilers, though Edmonton did notch a 6-1 victory in Minnesota to conclude last seasons series on April 26. It was just the Oilers second victory in their past 21 in Minnesota. Edmonton pulled off a pair of trades on Wednesday, both involving goaltenders. The Oilers first sent netminder Devan Dubnyk to the Nashville Predators in exchange for forward Matt Hendricks, then shipped a 2014 third-round pick to the Los Angeles Kings for goalie Ben Scrivens. Dubnyk struggled to an .894 save percentage and 3.36 GAA in 32 games for the Oilers this season, including 29 starts. He also began to lose playing time when Ilya Bryzgalov was signed in November. "Its been an unfortunate season and the team wanted to go in a different direction," Dubnyk said. Scrivens posted a .931 save percentage and 1.97 GAA in 19 games for the Kings this season, while the veteran Hendricks had two goals and four points in 44 games with the Predators. "It gives us an opportunity to bring in another goaltender, Ben Scrivens, whos had statistically a very good season so far," Oilers general manager Craig MacTavish told his teams website. "It gives us an opportunity to have a pretty good look at him going forward to see where he could possibly fit in on a longer-term goaltending plan." Scrivens does get to be reunited with Edmonton coach Dallas Eakins, who coached the goaltender in the minors with the Toronto Marlies. Scrivens gets the call between the pipes this evening. The Oilers will try to avoid a third consecutive loss tonight having been bested 5-2 by the Dallas Stars on Tuesday. The Stars scored 14 seconds into the game and led 3-1 after the first period. "Its the same old story; we cant put a full 60 minutes together for some reason," Edmonton defenseman Justin Schultz said. "We played well at the end, we were skating and using our speed and we had a lot of chances, but weve got to find a way to do that for all 60 (minutes)." Schultz and Sam Gagner had the goals, both assisted by Taylor Hall, and Bryzgalov made 25 saves in Edmontons seventh loss in nine games overall and fifth in a row on the road. It is unknown if the Oilers Ales Hemsky will be able to play tonight after sitting out the third period on Tuesday with an ankle injury. Bryzgalov is 7-8-0 with a 2.64 GAA in 16 career meetings with the Wild, all but one of those starts. Air Max 95 Pas Cher Chine . DeGrom outpitched Jake Peavy in a tantalizing hitless duel that carried into the seventh inning Saturday night before the New York Mets broke loose and beat the San Francisco Giants 4-2. Pas Cher Air Max 720 Noir . The agreement comes a little more than one week after the video game manufacturer agreed to a $40 million settlement in a similar but separate case, bringing the total payout planned for athletes to $60 million, said Steve Berman, an attorney for the plaintiffs, and the NCAA. http://www.pascherbasketairmax.fr/. No such luck. Wiggins owned the end of Parkers impressive homecoming. The Kansas star scored 16 of his 22 points in the second half, outplaying Parker down the stretch and helping the fifth-ranked Jayhawks knock off No. Pas Cher Air Max 2019 .com) - Roosevelt Jones had 19 points, seven rebounds and seven assists to lead No. Air Max 270 Destockage .Y. - The Philadelphia Eagles game at Green Bay against the Packers on Nov.WASHINGTON -- The first three times the Washington Wizards reached .500, they lost their next game. On Wednesday against Boston, the Wizards get their fourth shot at the break-even point, and they hope its the last time. "Its not a magical thing (where) I think all of a sudden fairy dust is going to fall on us if we get over .500 (and) were not going to lose another game," Washington coach Randy Wittman said. The Wizards havent been over .500 since Oct. 31, 2009, when they were 2-1. After their 107-99 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Monday, they were in no mood to admit that it was always on their mind. Players shouted to each other to ignore questions about the mark, but none did. "Were aware of it, but we just have to not even think about it," Bradley Beal said. Beal nearly had his first career triple-double. Two days after he missed 12 of his 14 shots in a loss to Detroit, Beal had 22 points -- 13 of them in the second quarter when Washington built a 10-point halftime lead. He also had nine rebounds, a season high, and eight assists, equaling his career best. Marcin Gortat had 19 points and 11 rebounds. Kevin Seraphin had 16 points for Washington. John Wall added 14. Each time the Wizards reached .500 this season, their next game was at home, and they lost to Milwaukee, Dallas and Detroit. "Were done with that," Gortat said. "Every time we talk about being a .500 team and getting over .500, we have teams coming in here and just punking our butts." Michael Carter-Williams led Philadelphia, which has lost seven of eight, with 31. Thaddeus Young had 18. Spencer Hawes had 11 points and had a season high 16 rebounds. Carter-Williams and Young scored the first 19 Philadelphia points in the third, but the Sixers trailed 70-66 midway through the period. Washington led 86-73 after three. The Wizards were ahead 100-79 with 6:07 to play, but Philadelphia scored 13 straight to trail by eight with 2:26 left. Washington didnt make a field goal for more than eight minutes in the fourth quarter. Wittman substituted for his starters, but after the bench played poorlyy, the starters came back in to stabilize things.dddddddddddd "Youre always on audition," Wittman told his bench. "Those guys got to learn. Guys that want to play or think they should be in rotations better show me out there where it counts." While the Wizards are 20-20 and hope to reach the halfway point of their season a game over .500, the Sixers are 13-28. Expectations were low when the season began, but Philadelphia won its first three over Miami, Washington and Chicago. With more than three weeks until the league pauses for the All-Star game, coach Brett Brown is still hopeful his team can improve. "Youre getting ready for spring break, and everybodys going to Fort Lauderdale, and theres a time where you can dig in pre-All-Star break and finish this middle third of the season with some grunt," Brown said before the game. In his rookie season, Carter-Williams said it was hard to sometimes stay with it. "Ive never played this long of a season so Im learning each and every day and Im going through it a little bit. My body is tired a little bit, mentally Ive got to stay strong," Carter-Williams said. Carter-Williams was 13 for 22 from the field, had six rebounds and five assists as he tried to keep Philadelphia competitive. "He felt the need to take the game and try and put us back in a position where we could inch our way back in it, and he did," Brown said. NOTES: Wizards swingman Glen Rice was assigned to Iowa of the D-League. Rice had right wrist surgery last month, and coach Randy Wittman said that he needs some playing time and could return to the team during its upcoming four-game road trip, which begins on Friday. ... Sixers G Tony Wroten is out with a sprained right ankle. Brown refused to estimate how long he will be sidelined. Wroten sustained the injury on Saturday in Chicago. ... Philadelphia F Brandon Davies missed the game with a dislocated right pinkie. ... Washington F Trevor Booker was out with a sprained left ankle. ... Adam Silver, who will succeed David Stern as NBA commissioner next month, sat with Wizards owner Ted Leonsis. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Пред.След.

Вернуться в Дневники обучения МТСНГ